Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTMC Jarvis 16.2.31

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey people
    Is there any FTMC krypton 17 or Leia 18 on way or never ever ?

    Comment


    I guess a lot of people would love if you continue your work! Especially people with Rockchip devices!

    Please contcont that project and Port it also for Android 7 problems with the rkcodec.

    Comment


      Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post
      I guess a lot of people would love if you continue your work! Especially people with Rockchip devices!

      Please contcont that project and Port it also for Android 7 problems with the rkcodec.
      Rockchip has had full support for Kodi 17/18 for over a year now, that is why RKMC(rkcodec) was discontinued.
      It is only still needed for high bit-rate 4k@60hz, nothing else.

      Comment


        Now that koying joined MrMC Team, what is the future of FTMC since koying abandoned SPMC ?

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Region.png
Views:	2
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	716604
        https://mrmc.tv/2018/03/18/welcome-o...and-kodi-fame/
        Attached Files
        - ANDROID OS: Android NOUGAT Android 7.1.2
        - Beelink R89: 2 GB RAM 16 GB PCB V3 (AP6335)
        - STOCK ROM: UGOOS UT3S RK3288 NOUGAT BETA v4.0.0b

        Comment


          Which is better for the s912 devices, ftmc or spmc?

          Comment


            Yes i know about koying going to mrmc... well kyoing choice.. i will never use mrmc since is a waste of time... removed the mainly big thing of it that is plugin support.. i know why they did it but.. is user choice to do what they want to do with it, and not theirs!
            But moving on, FTMC is mainly based in kodi, with lots of spmc code + rkmc.
            So is a 3 in one... lol
            For kodi 17 or even 18 spmc was only needed for aml codec support nothing else... rkmc is not needed anymore as mo123 explainded..
            So, should a i do a FTMC 17? maybe only to add aml codec support.. but dunno if i will since i really dont have the time for it anymore i hardly have time this days for my real "work" here at freaktab that is making custom roms, and that is what i like to do!
            I did some betas for the team but last time i did was 5 months a go... and did have some bugs to be sorted...
            shot that is why im saying that is on Hold.. i may work on it again i may not, it all depends of my free time.

            Comment


              Originally posted by mo123 View Post

              Rockchip has had full support for Kodi 17/18 for over a year now, that is why RKMC(rkcodec) was discontinued.
              It is only still needed for high bit-rate 4k@60hz, nothing else.
              Hey mo123,

              thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a lot of RK3328 and RK3229 Devices don't know what you say. I can't get a smooth acceleration of H264 and MPEG2 Material. It is always a bit laggy and not smooth. So I guess it's not only me who hopes that superceleron will continue his GREAT WORK. With his app it's possible to play smooth a lot of material in 4k even on RK3229 Devices!

              The only issue is that it stucks with Kodi Jarvis Plugins and I read that there are a lot of problems with Rockchip-Devices when you use Andorid 7.x. Poor performance compared to Android 6 on the same devices and no smooth acceleration of H264, MPEG2 and H265 in any kind of FullHD or 4k.

              So my personal experience is that it's necessary the get a Media-Center with PVR-Plugins! The orignal RKMC or RKCodec-Based other players don't support PVR-Plugins for my VU+, VDR or TVHEADEND Devices. That sucks to be honest.

              I would really love if someone would continue this great work here!

              Comment


                Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post

                Hey mo123,

                thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a lot of RK3328 and RK3229 Devices don't know what you say. I can't get a smooth acceleration of H264 and MPEG2 Material. It is always a bit laggy and not smooth. So I guess it's not only me who hopes that superceleron will continue his GREAT WORK. With his app it's possible to play smooth a lot of material in 4k even on RK3229 Devices!

                The only issue is that it stucks with Kodi Jarvis Plugins and I read that there are a lot of problems with Rockchip-Devices when you use Andorid 7.x. Poor performance compared to Android 6 on the same devices and no smooth acceleration of H264, MPEG2 and H265 in any kind of FullHD or 4k.

                So my personal experience is that it's necessary the get a Media-Center with PVR-Plugins! The orignal RKMC or RKCodec-Based other players don't support PVR-Plugins for my VU+, VDR or TVHEADEND Devices. That sucks to be honest.

                I would really love if someone would continue this great work here!
                I notice that slow performance on android 7 and I was thinking it was an isolated issue, it seems not, so Im reverting to 6.0, does anyone if there is a workaround for this? thanks.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post

                  Hey mo123,

                  thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a lot of RK3328 and RK3229 Devices don't know what you say. I can't get a smooth acceleration of H264 and MPEG2 Material. It is always a bit laggy and not smooth. So I guess it's not only me who hopes that superceleron will continue his GREAT WORK. With his app it's possible to play smooth a lot of material in 4k even on RK3229 Devices!
                  I am using Asus Thinker Board, RK3288 w/Android 6.0.1, I found FTMC having serious color washed out for all kind of videos even with h.264 10bit or hevc 10bit, etc. No such problem with KODI 17 from the Play Store.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by keror0 View Post

                    I am using Asus Thinker Board, RK3288 w/Android 6.0.1, I found FTMC having serious color washed out for all kind of videos even with h.264 10bit or hevc 10bit, etc. No such problem with KODI 17 from the Play Store.
                    try SPMC

                    Comment


                      Hi superceleron ! if you still have some spare time for bugfixes, I have a (probable) bug-report.

                      It is about the latest FTMC (Arm Rockchip 16.2.31) + V88 4K box (RK3229) + latest Android 7.1 ROM.
                      • with the RKCodec enabled in system config the FTMC crashes whenever I try to play video.
                      • with RKCodec disabled only 1080p@25 plays correctly. It is unable to realtime decode and play 1080@30 and 1080@60
                      • with Kodi 17.6 official the playing experience is even worse than with FTMC, so all my hopes are in FTMC bug being found and fixed
                      • the same movies play flawlessly in the Android build native Media Center player, which comes with the ROM
                      All the tests were made with Big Buck Bunny video files from http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net

                      If you need any more information I'd be happy to provide them.

                      Thanks in advance!

                      Comment


                      • superceleron
                        superceleron commented
                        Editing a comment
                        sorry but my dev on this is stopped.
                        But you need to add FTMC as system app the rk codec work ok... ye i know is a pain but the problem is in the android 7 rk sdk...

                      superceleron Thanks for your fast reply, I am sorry to hear that you have given up the project. But thanks for providing all the coding and support up until now !!

                      Thanks for the tip about the need to set the FTMC as a system app. I didn't know about that ... I will try that too, now I have to find the proper instructions to do that

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                        it all depends of my free time.
                        I think we can all say that we would like you to continue with the development of ftmc.
                        It's the best I've tried and it consumes less resources. I've been following this post for a while waiting for a new version because lately some video is played regularly with jumps, audio delays, etc. These things do not happen with another android player like mx. I understand that it is by codecs. There is also a problem with bluetooth sound that I mentioned some time ago.
                        That's why we hope you find time to continue with ftmc and update it. Is there any way to manually enter new codec or versions?
                        If you can not find it, we also thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy ftmc until now.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by tosu View Post
                          I think we can all say that we would like you to continue with the development of ftmc.
                          It's the best I've tried and it consumes less resources. I've been following this post for a while waiting for a new version because lately some video is played regularly with jumps, audio delays, etc. These things do not happen with another android player like mx. I understand that it is by codecs. There is also a problem with bluetooth sound that I mentioned some time ago.
                          That's why we hope you find time to continue with ftmc and update it. Is there any way to manually enter new codec or versions?
                          If you can not find it, we also thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy ftmc until now.
                          I can absolutely agree with what tosu said. I think Kodi community needs a fork like FTMC !

                          The FTMC is something a bit like Linux vs. Windows in some perspectives:
                          • it uses less resources (CPU & memory), which means it supports older hardware.
                          • It also supports older OS, so it's a savior for older ARM boxes laying around and being left behind by latest Kodi develompent.
                          • Additionally, it has RK codec support integrated, so the performance for low-budget RK SoC devices is much better than with Kodi "vanilla".
                          Wrapped up: it enables the low-end devices to still enjoy most of the latest multimedia and security technologies. Best multimedia soft for the poor...

                          With SPMC development stopped FTMC is our best bet. So I hope there is still chance you will have some spare time.
                          I am willing to help as far as my free time allows. I am a PHP/C++ developer, some Python knowledge, but with small to none Android development experience. So if that counts, I'm in

                          Comment


                            PLEASE DO NO STOP FTMC DEVELOPMENT ! (which is far BETTER than spmc....) THANK YOU !!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X