Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHUWI HiBox Mini PC Android 5.1 + Window 10 Dual OS 64bit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Maybe of use to some


    Download Android Lollipop 5.1 stock firmware for Chuwi HiBox Hero Mini PC from here, here or here.

    Chuwi HiBox Hero Dual OS BIOS Settings Presentation.
    The Aption/AMI BIOS of Chuwi HiBox Hero Mini PC is very poor in features and options, with many items disabled. There are only 4 tabs in setting, with only a few options each: Main, Security, Boot, Save & Exit. Here you’ll find the unboxing of this great device. Download from here Windows 10 drivers for Chuwi HiBox Hero Mini PC from here.

    If you need it, you can download the original BIOS file from here or here. I also have made a BIOS back-up of Chuwi HiBox Hero Dual OS Mini PC. You can download it from here, here or here.

    I advise everyone to make a copy of a working BIOS, if possible, before doing BIOS experiments. To do that you can simple use the provided Aptio AfuWin64 v.5.08.02 software. If you disabled USB in the BIOS, or if you did another mess in device BIOS, only overwriting NVRAM can reset BIOS settings. In this way, there is no need to open the case, to teardown the device to be able to reset the CMOS. All the actions are made from Windows environment, so your Mini PC has to be able to boot into Windows. All the following actions that are you will do next are entirely at your own risk.
    BIOS details
    Archive name: Chuwi HiBox BIOS / Chuwi HiBox Hero Dual OS BIOS Back-up
    Archive size: 9.20 MB / 3.02 MB
    Archive content: BT3D05_android64win64_CHUWI1116 – CustomerRequirment & FPTFlash – BT3__Android$WIN10_BIOS&OS_Customization_Informati on Table_V0.4_20161031.xlsx – BT3D05.bin – fptw.exe / Aptio AfuWin64 v5.08.02 & hero.rom
    Bios file: BT3D05.bin / hero.rom
    BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends
    Core version: 5.011 / 05.11
    Compliancy: UEFI 2.4, PI 1.3
    Version: 2.17.1249
    Project Version: BT3_64BIT_64BIT V05 / 00.05
    Build Date and Time: 11/16/2016 09:40:25
    Firmware ID: BT3_64BIT
    BIOS Chip Name: GigaDevice 25Q Series




    Source:chinagadgetreviews

    tЯeboЯ
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Are you using the address service@chuwi.com ?
      Hello, you've written several times even at that 'address but have not received any answer, at least I found out after long;-) questioning my son (10 years) after I had made updates used the box and told me that does not know how to 'start was able to access the bios mo does not remember if something has changed ..... still currently remains in the loop on Chuwi logo. I also tried with wired keyboard but I noticed that the LEDs light up only after the second Chuwi logo, it can 'be useful?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by ghipson View Post

        Hello, you've written several times even at that 'address but have not received any answer, at least I found out after long;-) questioning my son (10 years) after I had made updates used the box and told me that does not know how to 'start was able to access the bios mo does not remember if something has changed ..... still currently remains in the loop on Chuwi logo. I also tried with wired keyboard but I noticed that the LEDs light up only after the second Chuwi logo, it can 'be useful?
        I've always received an answer from them, even though it can take a couple of days to receive it.

        There are only a few settings in the BIOS, so not sure what may have prevented booting apart from changing the default boot device to something that is no longer there.
        MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

          I've always received an answer from them, even though it can take a couple of days to receive it.

          There are only a few settings in the BIOS, so not sure what may have prevented booting apart from changing the default boot device to something that is no longer there.
          Maybe because they favourites or priorities you. They replied to my email after 3 weeks and now I'm waiting for their reply. It's been two weeks!

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Johnmann View Post

            Maybe because they favourites or priorities you. They replied to my email after 3 weeks and now I'm waiting for their reply. It's been two weeks!
            Perhaps although I can't see why they would as they don't know me from Adam from the email address I contact them with.

            But that has given me an idea.

            I'll mail them myself and ask the questions that some of you guys have asked and I'll see if I can get any answers.
            MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

            Comment


            • #96
              Hello, despite several e-mails I have not received any kind of response, and I do not know how to restore the HiBox Hero from what I've discovered is disabled and the keyboard does not allow me to do any type of installation. Most do not know 'where to turn, I ask you since you are the only ones having responded to me. I apologize for any spelling mistakes (I'm using google translator) A 'other thing that I realized is that the reset button does not reset the bios and from what I understand is the only thing that should be done, but how to find inpossibile go or what to do to restore the bios have initial values so you can restore your operating system. I hope some good soul to come to the help I thank you so much

              Comment


              • #97
                Without an ability to get into the BIOS it's difficult to come up with a solution.

                Some motherboards are designed such that if you place the basic bios file onto a USB stick then upon booting, the bios file will automatically be flashed to the device.

                So it may be worth downloading the BIOS backup posted earlier by Trebor and try it out.

                Failing that, all that I can suggest at the moment is to contact the vendor that you purchased the box from and demand a replacement.

                I have collated the unresolved issues from the thread and mail the support team and will let you know how they respond.
                MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

                Comment


                • #98

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Anyone know the start up frequency of the box up until it enters android or Windows?

                    Comment


                    • So you have sent it back for repair then?
                      MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Johnmann View Post
                        Anyone know the start up frequency of the box up until it enters android or Windows?
                        Do you know of a way to measure it?
                        MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

                          So you have sent it back for repair then?
                          No. They didn't ask me to send it. I still have the box. I'm confused. I hope they have understood that i suspect the issue is usually when using Samsung tv. If they test my box on a non Samsung TV they will not find anything wrong with it.

                          bluesmanuk, please do me a favour and explain to them my issue

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Johnmann View Post

                            No. They didn't ask me to send it. I still have the box. I'm confused. I hope they have understood that i suspect the issue is usually when using Samsung tv. If they test my box on a non Samsung TV they will not find anything wrong with it.

                            bluesmanuk, please do me a favour and explain to them my issue
                            I'll try but at the same time I would also advise that you re-iterate to them this detail and ask if they have access to a Samsung TV in order to verify the issue.
                            MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

                            Comment


                            • hmmm weird. i've used on both my Sony and Samsumg here and all is well. That is awful you are having difficulties, hope it gets resolved.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by afdude View Post
                                hmmm weird. i've used on both my Sony and Samsumg here and all is well. That is awful you are having difficulties, hope it gets resolved.
                                I would like to send my box to chuwi for it to be fully checked. However, the thought of sending it to them is daunting as the process and service will not be satisfactory - i suspect!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X