Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Language Recovery USB Disk

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    English Language Recovery USB Disk

    Hey folks. So as I am playing around and using the recovery disk to restore, have the recovery menus in Chinese when booting from a recovery USB stick is terrible! Even when it boots and you select US English, the menus are still in Chinese. This is because of the DLL's and other stuff being made from a Chinese build.

    So I got fed up and fixed it! Now you can have an English recovery drive.

    First you should have made a recovery USB drive per my instructions here:

    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...th-the-Pipo-X7


    Download this this ZIP:

    http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/pipox7_boot.wim_en.zip


    Instructions:

    1) Unzip this and you will have a file called boot.wim
    2) Stick your recovery disk you made into your PC and open it.
    3) Go to the sources folder and rename boot.wim to boot.old
    This is so you have the original if needed.
    4) Copy the boot.wim from this zip into the sources folder.
    5) Now use your PC and EJECT the USB drive. This is important so you do not corrupt it.


    That's it! Now when you boot your recovery drive it will be in English

    Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 01-19-2015, 13:47.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"






    #2
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Hey folks. So as I am playing around and using the recovery disk to restore, have the recovery menus in Chinese when booting from a recovery USB stick is terrible! Even when it boots and you select US English, the menus are still in Chinese. This is because of the DLL's and other stuff being made from a Chinese build.

    So I got fed up and fixed it! Now you can have an English recovery drive.

    First you should have made a recovery USB drive per my instructions here:

    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...th-the-Pipo-X7


    Download this this ZIP:

    http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/finl...oot.wim_en.zip


    Instructions:

    1) Unzip this and you will have a file called boot.wim
    2) Stick your recovery disk you made into your PC and open it.
    3) Go to the sources folder and rename boot.wim to boot.old
    This is so you have the original if needed.
    4) Copy the boot.wim from this zip into the sources folder.
    5) No use your PC and EJECT the USB drive. This is important so you do not corrupt it.


    That's it! Now when you boot your recovery drive it will be in English

    Enjoy,
    Bob
    Awesome work bob,,The zip download is not working though
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Awesome work bob,,The zip download is not working though
      Fixed!

      Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Fixed!

        Bob
        Got it now thanks Bob, I made the recovery usb stick following your instructions. I go into sources to rename boot.wim to oldboot

        but there is no boot.wim in sources there is only the below items in sources
        $PBR_Diskpart
        $PBR_ResetConfig
        install.swm1
        install.swm2
        install.swm3
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by blinkone View Post
          Got it now thanks Bob, I made the recovery usb stick following your instructions. I go into sources to rename boot.wim to oldboot

          but there is no boot.wim in sources there is only the below items in sources
          $PBR_Diskpart
          $PBR_ResetConfig
          install.swm1
          install.swm2
          install.swm3
          That should not be. It for sure was not the case on mine!

          Myabe boot back into the system and make another recovery disk! Also make sure the check box is set to back up the recovery partition.

          Finally, make sure your PC windows is set to show all hidden files! That is probably why you do not see it. WIM files and other files are hidden on a standard PC and you have to set that so you can see ALL files.

          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Finless View Post
            That should not be. It for sure was not the case on mine!

            Myabe boot back into the system and make another recovery disk! Also make sure the check box is set to back up the recovery partition.

            Finally, make sure your PC windows is set to show all hidden files! That is probably why you do not see it. WIM files and other files are hidden on a standard PC and you have to set that so you can see ALL files.

            Bob

            Iv just checked the show all hidden files tab & refreshed the page & its still not showing.Going to do the recovery again now
            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Finless View Post
              That should not be. It for sure was not the case on mine!

              Myabe boot back into the system and make another recovery disk! Also make sure the check box is set to back up the recovery partition.

              Finally, make sure your PC windows is set to show all hidden files! That is probably why you do not see it. WIM files and other files are hidden on a standard PC and you have to set that so you can see ALL files.

              Bob
              Just made another recovery usb disk Bob,, Copy Recovery box ticked,
              i used a 8GB usb stick done the recovery with no errors the recovery takes up 5.3GB

              still the same there is no boot.wim


              sources folder
              $PBR_Diskpart
              $PBR_ResetConfig
              install.swm1
              install.swm2
              install.swm3

              In the recovery usb stick i made iv got a
              boot (folder)
              efi (folder)
              sources (folder)
              bootmgr
              bootmgr.efi
              reagent

              Arrrr now I see it,, I had to untick hide protected operating system files.

              Sorry for being a pain :-)
              Last edited by blinkone; 01-19-2015, 14:15.
              Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by blinkone View Post

                Arrrr now I see it,, I had to untick hide protected operating system files.

                Sorry for being a pain :-)
                I new you did not have all hidden stuff showing

                Enjoy the English version of the recovery stick!

                I took my a couple hour to figure out how to make that... actually because it is not Android, about 5 hours of trial and error using the MS DISM program!

                Let me tell you.... Android is much easier to work with than Windows! Well only because I have had to learn to do it! It pretty freakin complicated for ANYONE that has no MS experience. Thank god I do have some experience a little bit. I would hate to start out as a n00b on this especially with WAIK or DISM.

                Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  I new you did not have all hidden stuff showing

                  Enjoy the English version of the recovery stick!

                  I took my a couple hour to figure out how to make that... actually because it is not Android, about 5 hours of trial and error using the MS DISM program!

                  Bob
                  So how to I use this recovery stick iv made then bob..Knowing me im sure going to need it, is there a fool proof step by step guide to recover now i have the recovery on a stick
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                    So how to I use this recovery stick iv made then bob..Knowing me im sure going to need it, is there a fool proof step by step guide to recover now i have the recovery on a stick
                    Stay tuned... I am making some videos to show all this.... On Android I can just type up some instructions but Windows is way to complicated so I decided to make some videos specifically for the PIPO showing how to do things.

                    I hope to have them up tonight!

                    Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                    Comment


                      #11
                      Great job as always Bob thank you
                      i am also waiting for my Pipo X7 to arrive and see your videos on how to cause
                      i am a windows 7 guy and have to do some catch up.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Please fix the link! Cannot download from freak-tab.de

                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Have a look at top of the page
                          "FTP SERVER IS DOWN WE WORKING ON A SOLUTION"
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

                          MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

                          RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                            Have a look at top of the page
                            "FTP SERVER IS DOWN WE WORKING ON A SOLUTION"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Stay tuned... I am making some videos to show all this.... On Android I can just type up some instructions but Windows is way to complicated so I decided to make some videos specifically for the PIPO showing how to do things.

                              I hope to have them up tonight!

                              Bob
                              waiting that videos , please make it on new thread and pin it so it will not get lost in the forum

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X