Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voyo mini pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Voyo mini pc

    Hi i am stuck on efi shell prompt following a windows update. I have not made a recovery disc/usb would it be possible for someone with the same box to make me a recovery disc and upload it so that i can get into recovery. Thanks

  • #2
    Will not work

    The Recovery media is a Exact copy of a device. I think including the Windows cd key. If someone sent you there Recovery and you install it. Microsoft would either see the key is Already in use and give you a Generic key. Meaning you would have to buy windows. Or it would accept it and toss out the Key from Who ever sent it to you. IT Could actually make this key void and both people would loose there windows activation. Windows update checks the Windows registration.

    The above is a Assumption on how ms is Doing activation now ..... You Should Ask Geek Buying if they can get a Recovery ....
    Good Luck

    Comment


    • #3
      I made a couple of Wimboot on various tablets. Key in a particular model is the same.
      One Wimboot for example Vivotab Asus will fit all Asus Vivotab.
      If someone would do him the recovery key to "Voyo mini PC" it will fit.

      Sorry for my angileski. I write by google translate.

      Regards.
      GK525 My mod rom.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by robertnik View Post
        I made a couple of Wimboot on various tablets. Key in a particular model is the same.
        One Wimboot for example Vivotab Asus will fit all Asus Vivotab.
        If someone would do him the recovery key to "Voyo mini PC" it will fit.

        Sorry for my angileski. I write by google translate.

        Regards.
        Think i may have sorted this just used a 32 bit windows 8.1 pro iso from the net and install key, disabled emmc protection and it is now booting windows. Incidentally when i was doing the install there was a 4.7 gb recovery partition. So i think like laptops there may be a combination of keys to recover.

        Just the same guys thanks for all your help on this and if the key thing is possible i would very much appreciate it in case of future problems.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by desmondo View Post
          Think i may have sorted this just used a 32 bit windows 8.1 pro iso from the net and install key
          If you have bought it anyway.
          The manufacturer Voyo mini PC installs Bing edition, the same key is integrated into the UEFI. This iso is not in the network have access to it only by the manufacturer.


          As finally reaches me my copy is a copy of providing access to the system and do wimboot. Unfortunately geekbuying packages are going to me a long time ...


          UEFI stitched in key program can check pkeyui. All owners Voyo mini PC will have the same key.
          GK525 My mod rom.

          Comment


          • #6
            [QUOTE=robertnik;287743]If you have bought it anyway.
            The manufacturer Voyo mini PC installs Bing edition, the same key is integrated into the UEFI. This iso is not in the network have access to it only by the manufacturer.


            As finally reaches me my copy is a copy of providing access to the system and do wimboot. Unfortunately geekbuying packages are going to me a long time ...


            UEFI stitched in key program can check pkeyui. All owners Voyo mini PC will have the same key.[/QUOT

            Looks like it can't be activated as key is hard coded into bios. Pretty ridiculous you buy the hardware and you should be able to install anything you choose. Looks like i have bricked it.

            Comment


            • #7
              You can install Windows 8 that, and have bought him his own key.
              Provide it during installation. Key in the bios will not be disturbed.


              EDIT


              To install Windows 7, you must disable secure boot in the bios.
              GK525 My mod rom.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by robertnik View Post
                You can install Windows 8 that, and have bought him his own key.
                Provide it during installation. Key in the bios will not be disturbed.


                EDIT


                To install Windows 7, you must disable secure boot in the bios.
                I have already disabled secure boot /fast boot etc. I have a key from my windows 8.1 laptop that i don't use windows on was hoping i could use that but not happening. Is it not possible for me to install some thing like kodibuntu really just wanted it as a tv box. Missing loads of drivers since my install can't get the wireless but did get usb/ethernet working.

                Comment


                • #9
                  For drivers do not help. These must give the manufacturer.

                  On what version you have the key? Installed on laptops OEM. These keys will fit only to equipment with which they are sold.
                  If you purchased Windows separately, such a system will be installed on other devices, eg. On Voyo mini PC.
                  GK525 My mod rom.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The factory provided Windows key is hardcoded in the UEFI. You cannot delete it. This particular key corresponds to a particular version of Windows, which is obviously the same with the one that is factory installed. It can activate any fresh copy of the same version of Windows, but not any other version. If you install Windows from the leaked Windows 8.1 with Bing (CoreConnected) ISO image, it will either become automatically activated, or you may just need to enter the embedded key manually. You can use any appropriate software to read your embedded key in the UEFI. I cannot give links for the leaked Windows version, because there are licensing issues. Google is your friend.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by loko View Post
                      The factory provided Windows key is hardcoded in the UEFI. You cannot delete it. This particular key corresponds to a particular version of Windows, which is obviously the same with the one that is factory installed. It can activate any fresh copy of the same version of Windows, but not any other version. If you install Windows from the leaked Windows 8.1 with Bing (CoreConnected) ISO image, it will either become automatically activated, or you may just need to enter the embedded key manually. You can use any appropriate software to read your embedded key in the UEFI. I cannot give links for the leaked Windows version, because there are licensing issues. Google is your friend.
                      Hi thanks for explaining that. I had actually come across the iso's you refer to. Not sure as yet how to get the key as I have deleted the os and recovery. Which now looks like a silly move. Do you think I will still be able to extract the key from the bios?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you get a Win_with_Bing_8.1_32BIT_English_OEM then the key stored at the BIOS should fits to this version and you should only have to install it...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

                        MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

                        RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Please advise us

                          If you download the image and install fresh copy please advise us on rather it works or not..

                          As i always wipe new devices even Brand name computers and install fresh copy to get the OEM Customization and crap software out..

                          Thanks Erica

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by desmondo View Post
                            Hi thanks for explaining that. I had actually come across the iso's you refer to. Not sure as yet how to get the key as I have deleted the os and recovery. Which now looks like a silly move. Do you think I will still be able to extract the key from the bios?
                            You can find it in the MSDM table in ACPI.

                            If you are a Linux guy:

                            sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM

                            If you are a Windows guy:

                            http://rweverything.com/screenshots/
                            http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/firmware_tables_view.html

                            Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
                            If you download the image and install fresh copy please advise us on rather it works or not..

                            As i always wipe new devices even Brand name computers and install fresh copy to get the OEM Customization and crap software out..

                            Thanks Erica
                            Hahaha!!! It seems that I am not alone into this!!!

                            Since I resent all manufacturer added crap, which most of the times are also included in the stock restore option, the first thing I always did upon getting a new computer with Windows, having an OEM license embedded in BIOS, was to extract the included OEM certificate using the official method, install a clean retail version of Windows, and restore the OEM certificate using the official method. Theoretically, restoring the OEM certificate to a retail version does not comply with the retail license, but since I was always installing exactly the same version of Windows, e.g. Windows 7 Home 32-bit, and not a different version, e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, I never felt bad about it, considering it ethically right.

                            Windows 8 licensing is a little bit different than older OEM licenses, but the same logic applies to it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
                              If you download the image and install fresh copy please advise us on rather it works or not..

                              As i always wipe new devices even Brand name computers and install fresh copy to get the OEM Customization and crap software out..

                              Thanks Erica
                              Yes off course I will. Not be long now until I try it have the iso's located, just need to download and mount to USB. I had seen something about a program which extracts the key from the BIOS so might give that a go too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X