Rom for MK809II?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rom for MK809II?

Is there any rom available for the MK809II?
    Thanks

this is a nock off i havent heard of till now!

i dont think there is a custom rom for this unknowen nockoff mk809II is just piggy backing the mk name your probably sh out of luck unless lots of people buy this nockoff!
    Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
    HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
    ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Is there a stock ROM available for this? If so at least I can make a ROM that is rooted and debloated for you.

Bob
      "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
      "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
      "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
      "Ojcze, przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

MK809II stock firmware

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Is there a stock ROM available for this? If so at least I can make a ROM that is rooted and debloated for you.

Bob
        Hi Bob, yes there is this is the link http://www.mk809.com/cs102II/en/Download.html

I do find it funny thought they released this firmware, same time 15/12/2012 as iMito, which lead me to think that this may be just a iMito MX1/2 clone, the specs look exactly the same: How can I do a full hardware compare?

I am thinking of testing your MX rom on my MK809II tonight.

MC

Comment

to note..

I have tested the TS Sparky root hack, all the credits go to bothlynn from vondroid com, MK809II rooted successfully..

Comment

Originally posted by mcc05 View Post

I am thinking of testing your MX rom on my MK809II tonight.

MC
            It maybe a clone. Since you have a stock ROM you could flash the Imito and try it and if it does not work you can easily go back.

bob

Comment

It works!!!!

Just to confirm, flashed Finless Rom 1.5, on MX809II and it works fine.

Wifi would not start on first boot, but on second connected no prob.

Tested Ethernet that fine to no prob....

Going to test drive now for a few hours report back later .....

Looking great so far!!!!!!!!

Comment

Question

Bob,

Just on question how does one change the default mouse cursor? The stock ROM had a lot bigger one on it?

Comment

Got mine working with iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5

Comment

MK809 wifi module

Hi Bob,

Tried to flash your 1.5 on my MK809. It seems to work well except for the wifi. The MK809 has only 4GB of ram and no bluetooth. There is a different ROM on the mk809 site:

http://www.mk809.com/cs102/UploadFil...e_20121121.zip

Do you think it would be possible to integrate the MK809 wifi module into the finless 1.5 rom? Some of the other benefits of finless have survived the revert to stock: resized system partition, 1080p now working, screen resize are the only ones I tested.

If you are too busy, maybe you could just offer some tips on integrating the module. I am comfortable decompiling and recompiling the ROM, though your approach looks pretty different at first glance. More to learn!

Cheers, esteban

Comment

Originally posted by estebang View Post
                      Hi Bob,

Tried to flash your 1.5 on my MK809. It seems to work well except for the wifi. The MK809 has only 4GB of ram and no bluetooth. There is a different ROM on the mk809 site:

http://www.mk809.com/cs102/UploadFil...e_20121121.zip

Do you think it would be possible to integrate the MK809 wifi module into the finless 1.5 rom? Some of the other benefits of finless have survived the revert to stock: resized system partition, 1080p now working, screen resize are the only ones I tested.

If you are too busy, maybe you could just offer some tips on integrating the module. I am comfortable decompiling and recompiling the ROM, though your approach looks pretty different at first glance. More to learn!

Cheers, esteban
                      Do this. Take the ROM link you gave me and unpack it and copy out kernel.img. Then in my 1.5 kit put that kernel.img and replace the one I have in there. Reflash the ROM with that new kernel. It should fix wifi.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Do this. Take the ROM link you gave me and unpack it and copy out kernel.img. Then in my 1.5 kit put that kernel.img and replace the one I have in there. Reflash the ROM with that new kernel. It should fix wifi.

Bob
                        Will try this, thanks for the advice. Will this approach not lose many of the benefits of the finless rom though? The 1080p, xbox mods, CIFS etc?

Comment

Hi.
                          My MK809II arrived yesterday.
                          A user on xda says that after flashing mx finless his wi-fi is not working anymore, not just on first boot as the above user.
                          I can try to use kernel from original fw. Which feature will I loose?
                          Thanks.

Ops... original rom is .img format, I can't extract just kernel.
                          Last edited by Soul Reaver; 01-22-2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Reaver View Post
                            Hi.
                            My MK809II arrived yesterday.
                            A user on xda says that after flashing mx finless his wi-fi is not working anymore, not just on first boot as the above user.
                            I can try to use kernel from original fw. Which feature will I loose?
                            Thanks.

Ops... original rom is .img format, I can't extract just kernel.
                            Take a look here for how to get the kernel from the img file...
                            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...sing-ADB-guide

Wied that others say the Wifi doesn't work after Finless 1.5 , mine works fine, are they sure they have 809II and not 809, as uestebang above states it doesn't work..

Comment

Originally posted by mcc05 View Post
                              Take a look here for how to get the kernel from the img file...
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...sing-ADB-guide

Wied that others say the Wifi doesn't work after Finless 1.5 , mine works fine, are they sure they have 809II and not 809, as uestebang above states it doesn't work..
                              Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion - people seem to have MK809II wifi working well. I tried the same finless 1.5 rom on the MK809 with 4GB storage, no bluetooth, and wifi didn't work there.

I will continue any further reports following Bob's advice in a separate thread.

Chrs
                              esteban

Comment

Working...
                              X