This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yushikr7 View Post
    Hi Bob , this rom is for realtek WIFI chipset ?
    AMPAK one ( AP6121 , AP6181 ) could be used ?
    No, it's for Broadcom RK903

Comment

• Thanks.
      Is there any custom rom that support AP6181 ?
      Now I'm using Finless 2.1 for MK808 that works for realtek chipset .
      Still searching for rom that works with AP6181 chipset .. or at least if got AP6181 kernel modules , maybe can insmod manually ..

Anyway,
      Thanks for feedback .

Comment

• Hello, I have installed this, but when I boot up my MK808/B, I either get no display or I get two Penguins and they will sit there all night if I let them.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi XD31,
          try diffence tv may work,this work with that tv before,i had 2 tv sony not display and it work RCA and Dynex,good luck

Comment

• Second TV didn't change anything, but I did find the correct ROM for my "clone" and got it back to factory settings and booting again.

Maybe Finless does not support my hardware yet?

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....-stock_28.html

1st link.

Comment

• Support for ap6181 please... Couldn't find any rom for rk3066 and ap6181 combination.

Comment

• I was able to successfully load the 1080p kernel with 1GB option. But I feel there is a performance lag compared to 1.7 . I see a visible stutter in Youtube videos.
                Any suggestions to tweak any parameters that could increase performance.

WiFi is perfect as I do not see any buffer issues with 1080p streaming videos. Just a performance stutter ...

Comment

• Originally posted by vasanthtcs View Post
                  I was able to successfully load the 1080p kernel with 1GB option. But I feel there is a performance lag compared to 1.7 . I see a visible stutter in Youtube videos.
                  Any suggestions to tweak any parameters that could increase performance.

WiFi is perfect as I do not see any buffer issues with 1080p streaming videos. Just a performance stutter ...
                  Update : Instead of going back to 1.7 . I flashed with the 720p kernel of 2.1 with 1 GB option. Can see far better performance. Staying with it.

Its been about 4 years since I got the MK808b . Haven't been following the trends. Which is the current best one to buy if I want to upgrade ?

Comment

Working...
                  X