This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tocaazul View Post
    Hi Bob. I Have problem with a Wifi connection in the MK808B. The network appears on the screen but no IP reading and therefore can not connect. Tried the Rom Finless JB 4.2.2 and the Tuntun (from of China) both happen the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? At the Finless Bob 1.7c rom is great, the connection is stable and strong. Hugs !!!
    Did you try connect using static IP?

Comment

Yes lifeisfun.... I'm finding strange because in Rom Finless 1.7c connected normally.

Comment

Yes lifeisfun.... I'm finding strange because in Rom Finless 1.7c connected normally.
        Strange, works fine for me.

Comment

At the Finless Bob 1.7c rom is great, the connection is stable and strong. Hugs !!!
          I thought the 1.7c Finless rom was for the MK808 non B and MK808B only has 1.7 as Finless version. If 1.7c works for you then you may have an MK808 and are now using the wrong rom!

Comment

Problem with the wifi settings

Hi. First, thanks a lot for the great works, but I have a problem with the wifi settings. When I bougtht this TV box, the wifi connection was instabil, thats why I installed Finless 1.7c rom. The flash was OK, everything worked, but if I turned on the wifi, after a few secounds it turned off automatically. It didn't see any network. After that I downloaded Finless 2.1 rom, but the result was the same:works fine except the wifi. What made I wrong? Please help me. (I'm a begginner in this topic.)

Comment

Originally posted by growgeek View Post
              This rom is much slower than 1.7.... Streaming video performance is poor. Several Play Store apps were listed as not compatable. ...
              Thank you for taking the time to develop ROM's in general.
              Same for me.
              Flashed 720p kernel with 2GB option.

Tnx for V1.7 which run smooth and seamless.

Greetz,
              ceehh.
              Last edited by ceehh; 05-20-2013, 16:36.

Comment

You folks with wifi turning on then off right away, you do not have a real MK808 or you are using the wrong ROM. There are clones out there like the V1 clone or the Sunvel clone. These ROMs will not work on those period.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I hope this is not a stupid question or in wrong Thread, but before I flash my stick, how to backup my setting, apps, and pictures and then store them back after flashing with the new Rom, I am currently using 1.7 Rom.

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
                    I hope this is not a stupid question or in wrong Thread, but before I flash my stick, how to backup my setting, apps, and pictures and then store them back after flashing with the new Rom, I am currently using 1.7 Rom.
                    There are some apps like titanium backup that can do that with app. Settings nust be set manually. Images and pictures better to save them manually too.
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

Comment

Bob,

After flashing the rom on my mk808b everything works ok but in the google play store the device is now known as T-Mobile Samsung GT-I9100 and no longer ' rockchip mk808 '. Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        My understanding is all 4.2.2 (3.0.36+) kernels have the libstagefright patch. But I have not really tested it with XBMC to find out for sure. You guys let me know please.
                        However if it is NOT there, the existing 3.0.8+ libstagefiright.so will not work with the new 3.0.36+ kernels. So Rockchip would have to make us one. But again I am told it is there.

Bob
                        It has it, no other patches are needed for GPU decoding in XBMC, which is the most fussy of all the players. Works straight out the gate with an advancesettings.xml file.

Originally posted by tboheeren View Post
                        Bob,

After flashing the rom on my mk808b everything works ok but in the google play store the device is now known as T-Mobile Samsung GT-I9100 and no longer ' rockchip mk808 '. Is this normal?
                        The build.prop has been altered to make it seem like your device is the Galaxy SII, which has similar specs to an mk808/b. It's there so more apps show up in the Google Play store.
                        Currently Using:
                        2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                        Retired Devices:
                        MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by thafath View Post
                          First thank you Finless for this great ROM.

Got the same issue (upgrading from 1.7). Tried more than 10 times. Finally I connected the box on my desktop screen, and It booted, changed the resolution to 1280x720p-60 (this is in settings/screen/HDMI Mode) and connected it back to my TV, it is working great now.
                          Thank you for the information, and you to bob.
                          I will try it some time!

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tboheeren View Post
                            Bob,

Try reading the manual, it is described there for a reason. In short: build.prop was altered to allow more applications and avoid "incompatible" messages.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              There are some apps like titanium backup that can do that with app. Settings nust be set manually. Images and pictures better to save them manually too.
                              Thanks leolas, but one more question to confirm the app backup, for example app with messages like Whatsapp, can it be backed up with the messages or I will only see the app as a new installed?

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
                                Thanks leolas, but one more question to confirm the app backup, for example app with messages like Whatsapp, can it be backed up with the messages or I will only see the app as a new installed?
                                When you use titanium backup or other programs ( I use Rom toolbox pro) you can backup the app and the app datas. But usually those aplications have his own data saver.
                                REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                                My devices:
                                Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                                MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                                Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                                Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                                Gearbest.com)
                                MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                                Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

Comment

Working...
                                X