Announcement

Collapse

BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE FREAKTAB GIVEAWAY


Yet Time for an nother Big Giveaway!
This thime with 3 BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE.
Got here to Enter the Game:
http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...aktab-giveaway
See more
See less

MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    What is the hint to make possible to wake up mk808b after going to sleep?
    Is it working in 2.1?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by dankec View Post
      What is the hint to make possible to wake up mk808b after going to sleep?
      Is it working in 2.1?
      Mine never sleep, I have active "stay awake" in /settings/development options
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

      Comment


      • #63
        Thanks Bob for doing all the hard work!

        Guys, is it "worth" updating from 1.7 to 2.1.
        Is the performance really so much lower?

        Thanks,

        Tek.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by drtek View Post
          Thanks Bob for doing all the hard work!

          Guys, is it "worth" updating from 1.7 to 2.1.
          Is the performance really so much lower?

          Thanks,

          Tek.
          Nop, my feels are that it runs very smooth. And the kernel have not a locked clock like in the 4.1.1 to 1200. (that can cause a lot of stability problems, if you feel that 1600 cause freezes and reboots, try to run at 1500 or 1400)
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

            So the kernel is unlocked, it goes all the way to 1,6 ghz?

            Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by leolas View Post
              Nop, my feels are that it runs very smooth. And the kernel have not a locked clock like in the 4.1.1 to 1200. (that can cause a lot of stability problems, if you feel that 1600 cause freezes and reboots, try to run at 1500 or 1400)
              Great news! Just got it up and running! Thanks!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by drtek View Post
                Great news! Just got it up and running! Thanks!
                Nice

                Originally posted by spavian View Post
                So the kernel is unlocked, it goes all the way to 1,6 ghz?

                Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2
                Not all the time, at least you choose perforance like the governor, (I dont suggest it cause the stick will overheat)
                REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                My devices:
                Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                Gearbest.com)
                MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

                  Ok , i will install setcpu to see.

                  Sent from my Grand X In using Tapatalk 2

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    OK, so I installed the 1080 version, after having 1.7 previously, and all seems OK. Few comments though:

                    a) Boot image was set to 1080, but a small centered image was shown (Android dude), not a full screen one like old 1.7 ROM - is this OK, or did I mess up?
                    b) If you do install 1080 version, remember the FONTS will be VERY SMALL. Not something I had thought about, and really noticed having used the 1.7 version previously. I altered the settinngs to HUGE font, bold text, etc, and it made a small difference, but things like clock in bottom right are TINY. This is a trade-off for having 1080 I guess, but have a think about it before deciding which to flash - I may reflash with 2.1 720 version just because of this. Anyone got any ideas to improve this?
                    c) Tiny request to Bob - can you adjust the WiFi name to something useful, like Android MK808, so that when checking router settings I can see which devices are which, rather than seeing "
                    android_8748932e6478debc
                    " or similar - silly Android issue that you still cannot set WiFi name easily in UI!
                    d) Strangely Dice Player now runs, with SW encoding active not tired to look a HW yet. Previously it just said "Sorry cannot play this video". Not sure why it would now be running, as Rockchip is still listed as unsupported!
                    e) Streaming with FilmOn (live TV streamer) seems jerky with audio sync issues, as others seem to mentioning with NetFlix

                    Other than this ROM seems fine, and runs quick enough for me. As I say, will probably keep 2.1, but drop to 720, just to be able to get a better 10 foot view!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      When you use titanium backup or other programs ( I use Rom toolbox pro) you can backup the app and the app datas. But usually those aplications have his own data saver.
                      Thanks again and I will check it out.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Cannot upgrade.

                        Anyone help me. I've just bought one and I decided to upgrade it to 4.2.2. The PC did recognize MK808 and had correct driver. The flash tool said "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" but every time I click Reboot to flash mode then it failed. It said something like "no supporting.." or "this is not a msc device" I don't remember exactly. I also used alternate reboot to flash but it didn't work. What can I do?
                        I'm using Windows 8. First time I thought It was because of Windows 8 but I didn't get the flash tool work on Windows 7 too.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Use the manual method I also describe! Hold the reset button in and while holding it, plug in the USB cord to the PC. MK808 will boot into flash mode and flash tool should say "Found rock loader USB"

                          Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                          Comment


                          • #73
                            install driver for win8

                            Hi,you have to install driver for win 8,then reboot win and it work,good luck.
                            Originally posted by anderson.doan View Post
                            Anyone help me. I've just bought one and I decided to upgrade it to 4.2.2. The PC did recognize MK808 and had correct driver. The flash tool said "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" but every time I click Reboot to flash mode then it failed. It said something like "no supporting.." or "this is not a msc device" I don't remember exactly. I also used alternate reboot to flash but it didn't work. What can I do?
                            I'm using Windows 8. First time I thought It was because of Windows 8 but I didn't get the flash tool work on Windows 7 too.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              My wifi is not working

                              Upgraded to 21 and my wifi connects and then disconnects repeatedly

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by norcim View Post
                                Upgraded to 21 and my wifi connects and then disconnects repeatedly
                                same problem here; it also happens on factory 4.2.2.

                                went back to 1.7 for now; hope wifi compatibility improves when the next version is released.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X