Announcement

Collapse

BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE FREAKTAB GIVEAWAY


Yet Time for an nother Big Giveaway!
This thime with 3 BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE.
Got here to Enter the Game:
http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...aktab-giveaway
See more
See less

MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by leolas View Post
    Try to reflash. Be sure that if you flash only boot and Kernel uses the same parameters file than the Rom you have installed

    leolas
    When you say try to reflash, do you mean do an "Erase nand" and then "Flash rom" again? Should I leave all the things checked as they are? Also it's set to flash 720p by default should I leave it that way?

    Comment


    • Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

      Originally posted by xtwo View Post
      When you say try to reflash, do you mean do an "Erase nand" and then "Flash rom" again? Should I leave all the things checked as they are? Also it's set to flash 720p by default should I leave it that way?
      If you are in bootloop or with problems yes, you need to erase nand. And yes, sll checked as they are. Only change boot&kernel to 1080p.

      Y want to say, that if you flash a rom with 720p and latter you want to test 1080, be sure that you use.the same parameters file of your original rom, if you try to flash kernel and boot with other parameters file, the device can be bricked.

      leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

      Comment


      • Cannot get to "Found RKAnhroid Mass Storage Usb"

        I was able to get the computer to detect my mk808b, but using the flash tool it says "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb".

        I clicked on "Reboot to Flash Mode" and it gave me an error: "Device can not do Flash Mode,because it is not msc device."

        I checked the ReadMe and it says I need to make sure "USB Storage is turned on", but I cannot find this function in my mk808b w/ JB 4.2.2. I made sure "USB debugging" is off under "Developer Options" on my Android system

        Can someone please help?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by donduckss View Post
          I was able to get the computer to detect my mk808b, but using the flash tool it says "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb".

          I clicked on "Reboot to Flash Mode" and it gave me an error: "Device can not do Flash Mode,because it is not msc device."

          I checked the ReadMe and it says I need to make sure "USB Storage is turned on", but I cannot find this function in my mk808b w/ JB 4.2.2. I made sure "USB debugging" is off under "Developer Options" on my Android system

          Can someone please help?
          Dude.... I am sorry to be harsh here but did you READ MY READ ME?

          If the flash tool says "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb" then you are in flash mode!
          You do not need to click "reboot to flash mode" BECAUSE you are already in flash mode!

          Now just erase NAND and flash the ROM

          READING CAREFULLY is understanding!

          Sorry but I seriously get tired of this very common mistake which is totally clear in my readme.... Well unless I missed something


          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





          Comment


          • Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Dude.... I am sorry to be harsh here but did you READ MY READ ME?

            If the flash tool says "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb" then you are in flash mode!
            You do not need to click "reboot to flash mode" BECAUSE you are already in flash mode!

            Now just erase NAND and flash the ROM

            READING CAREFULLY is understanding!

            Sorry but I seriously get tired of this very common mistake which is totally clear in my readme.... Well unless I missed something


            Bob
            Hey Bob,

            Can you suggest me what to do. I followed your procedure as outlined in the "readme" file. I had to get into the flash mode using reset button. I left all the parameters as default. #1 to 7 were all left checked. I did "Erase Nand" and at the end I got the message Erasing IDB OK. Then I hit "Flash ROM" and it went smooth, no errors and I got the message at the end saying "Run OK". See the picture of my flash tool uploaded on drop box.

            http://db.tt/EoyEzrJr

            The blue LED light is off now though and the device won't turn on when I plug it into TV. I can still attach it to pc and go back in flash tool and change kernal and boot from 720p to 1080p and do the whole procedure again, but still device won't turn back on. Do you have any suggestions what I should do now?

            Comment


            • Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

              Originally posted by xtwo View Post
              Hey Bob,

              Can you suggest me what to do. I followed your procedure as outlined in the "readme" file. I had to get into the flash mode using reset button. I left all the parameters as default. #1 to 7 were all left checked. I did "Erase Nand" and at the end I got the message Erasing IDB OK. Then I hit "Flash ROM" and it went smooth, no errors and I got the message at the end saying "Run OK". See the picture of my flash tool uploaded on drop box.

              http://db.tt/EoyEzrJr

              The blue LED light is off now though and the device won't turn on when I plug it into TV. I can still attach it to pc and go back in flash tool and change kernal and boot from 720p to 1080p and do the whole procedure again, but still device won't turn back on. Do you have any suggestions what I should do now?
              2 considetations in this rom, the new kernel seems that don't work very well in some tvs, solutions if you read in the forum: hdmi switch can help some users.
              The kernel in this rom is not locked at 1.2GHz, so it need more power supply amperage.


              leolas
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

              Comment


              • Originally posted by leolas View Post
                2 considetations in this rom, the new kernel seems that don't work very well in some tvs, solutions if you read in the forum: hdmi switch can help some users.
                The kernel in this rom is not locked at 1.2GHz, so it need more power supply amperage.


                leolas
                I will try changing the HDMI cable. I tried it in two tvs, one Samsung LED and other one LG plasma. It didn't work in either one of them.
                When you say it needs more power supply, how do I do that?

                Comment


                • The problem is that the blue LED light is not coming on at all which would mean it's not powering up at all, but having said that every time I connect it to the PC, the toolkit recognizes it and I can flash ROM on it.

                  Do you guys think I should try to install FInless 1.7 ROM on it and see if that works??

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    ...
                    The kernel in this rom is not locked at 1.2GHz, so it need more power supply amperage.


                    leolas
                    Whic power supplay You can recomended?
                    Orginal is not OK (mk808b from geekbuying)?

                    Comment


                    • Good news is that I flashed Finless 1.7 and it has powered up now. Bad news is that my home internet won't connect to it. I bought it from Geekbuying so I'm assuming it's original. However, the fact that Finless 2.1 doesn't work on it and wifi is not connecting I'm getting a feeling it might be a fake version.
                      Last edited by xtwo; 06-02-2013, 11:24.

                      Comment


                      • Re: NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

                        Originally posted by xtwo View Post
                        Good news is that I flashed Finless 1.7 and it has powered up now. Bad news is that my home internet won't connect to it. I bought it from Geekbuying so I'm assuming it's original. However, the fact that Finless 2.1 doesn't work on it and wifi is not connecting I'm getting a feeling it might be a fake version.
                        Some times wifi problems are caused by router configuration, can you see the near networks? Or simply Wi-Fi turns to off automatically?

                        leolas
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by leolas View Post
                          Some times wifi problems are caused by router configuration, can you see the near networks? Or simply Wi-Fi turns to off automatically?

                          leolas
                          Yeah it's actually my router. I just gotta figure out a way to do a static ip on my router for MK808 so it can connect with wifi.

                          If I try to connect MK808 to my samsung phone using wifi hotspot it works right away, but it won't connect to my wifi router.

                          Comment


                          • Newer 4.2.2 stock kernel

                            Bob,

                            I posted this before in a much more extensive post, maybe you missed it because the information was added later and buried in a ton of text...

                            Finless 2.1 uses build #6 for the 401j2 kernel. My new MK808B contains build #28, so slightly newer. I don't know what has been changed, you may want to look at it.

                            Link to the zipped CWM backup containing the kernel image:
                            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...p_31052013.zip

                            By the way, Finless 2.1 gives me Wifi performance problems (Youtube interuptions and unable to keep up with streaming). I'm now using Finless 1.7, which is currently the only ROM on which Wifi performs okay.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pe1dnn View Post
                              Bob,

                              I posted this before in a much more extensive post, maybe you missed it because the information was added later and buried in a ton of text...

                              Finless 2.1 uses build #6 for the 401j2 kernel. My new MK808B contains build #28, so slightly newer. I don't know what has been changed, you may want to look at it.

                              Link to the zipped CWM backup containing the kernel image:
                              https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...p_31052013.zip

                              By the way, Finless 2.1 gives me Wifi performance problems (Youtube interuptions and unable to keep up with streaming). I'm now using Finless 1.7, which is currently the only ROM on which Wifi performs okay.
                              I have the same experience with the 4.2.2 stock ROM and Finless 2.1. With both of them, I got also purple picture which was not occasional ( 2 times in 48hours). I had to pull out the HDMI cable and replug it back to get the normal picture.
                              Have you tried the CWM backup yet? I tried and failed. Finally removed CWM and went with HYBRYD that works almost good.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by aliinbox View Post
                                Have you tried the CWM backup yet? I tried and failed. Finally removed CWM and went with HYBRYD that works almost good.
                                The ZIP I'm referring to is a CWM backup of the new box, only installed CWM and the Reboot App to enter the recovery mode. I even restored it after the other three (2.1, 1.7 and the Hybrid rom).

                                To restore to the more or less original state I did the following:
                                - Install Finless 2.1 with the original parameter file to restore the original partitioning
                                - Install CWM recovery using an update.zip file
                                - Restore using the CWM backup

                                The backup is on an external 16 GB micro SD (takes a lot less space than that though).

                                Only the original recovery was lost. But that one didn't work anyway, I could not control the original recovery at all because there are no volume up/down and power buttons to do so. So the first time I had to install CWM recovery via Bobs tooling because there was no way to boot normally anymore after entering the original recovery.

                                I haven't had any HDMI issues with any ROM on my 2 months old LG TV.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X