This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklist updated

...I just updated the google docs file with a product sold in germany.

It was sold as "3188 with 1.8 GHz" but is running at 1.42 GHz.

Greatings from Germany,
    Andy

Comment

• hey i've bought this one : http://www.****.ca/itm/MK809-III-RK3...:X:RTQ:CA:1123

and it's a rk3188T@1.4 (it have a sticker on the cpu, to hide the fraud i guess...), hope it prevent someone from being scammed like me

EDIT, it look like someone****ed up the table, many entry have been removed
      Last edited by guy123; 07-03-2014, 12:56.

Comment

• I have the FVIEW U2 TV Box it has the RK3188t and will only run at 816mhz, even tho it says up to 1.4ghz I have another thread asking how to root or flash this thing but am getting nowhere.
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Fview

Also it seems geekbuyingg took it off their site

Any help would be appreciated too, if I could at least get it to 1ghz playback would be so much smoother

Comment

• Bought this one (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...vyx_cs918-v2_1)

It's the 3118-T.

I don't have problems with the performance, because you know, I can live with it despite it doesn't play 720p fluidly, but the device turns off randomly, I guess is overheating. Do you think a heatsink for the processor could solve the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by wjofre View Post
            Bought this one (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...vyx_cs918-v2_1)

It's the 3118-T.

I don't have problems with the performance, because you know, I can live with it despite it doesn't play 720p fluidly, but the device turns off randomly, I guess is overheating. Do you think a heatsink for the processor could solve the problem?
            You play SD file in 2014?? then why u din't bought a video recorder with old VHS tapes ? :P
            to play HD fluidly you need to flash custom rom or patch your kernel, i have a 3188T and with custom Rom, 720p is very smooth (with stock rom it was LAGGY AS HELL) even those files with maxed encoder settings.(i din't tried 1080p because i don't have 1080p screen, but they should play fine, i only have a loadaverage 1.20 of 4.00 when reading x264 720p while cpu is running at 350/800mhz, i'm very impressed by the performance of that little cpu!)

i had reboots too but i managed to fix it by underclocking to 1.2ghz.
            Last edited by guy123; 07-23-2014, 20:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by guy123 View Post
              You play SD file in 2014?? then why u din't bought a video recorder with old VHS tapes ? :P
              to play HD fluidly you need to flash custom rom or patch your kernel, i have a 3188T and with custom Rom, 720p is very smooth (with stock rom it was LAGGY AS HELL) even those files with maxed encoder settings.(i din't tried 1080p because i don't have 1080p screen, but they should play fine, i only have a loadaverage 1.20 of 4.00 when reading x264 720p while cpu is running at 350/800mhz, i'm very impressed by the performance of that little cpu!)

i had reboots too but i managed to fix it by underclocking to 1.2ghz.
              You misunderstood me, of course I wanted full HD playback, but the seller sent me a shitty device with a crap processor. I'm currently in an AE dispute.

And yeah, ikr about the custom roms, but apparently my PCB is too "new" or "strange" that no one has made a custom rom for. Patching the kernel did nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wjofre View Post
                You misunderstood me, of course I wanted full HD playback, but the seller sent me a shitty device with a crap processor. I'm currently in an AE dispute.

And yeah, ikr about the custom roms, but apparently my PCB is too "new" or "strange" that no one has made a custom rom for. Patching the kernel did nothing.
                i have the same CPU as your the T version is not "crap", and it run HD without issues, but not with stock rom of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by guy123 View Post
                  i have the same CPU as your the T version is not "crap", and it run HD without issues, but not with stock rom of course.
                  What ROM do you use? I'm looking for one for my FView U2 box, it's rooted but it has the 3188T also

Comment

• Working Roms for RK3188 & RK3188T

Cheers Everyone,

Since it seems there are variances in the TV sticks, can someone (or everyone) share their experience by mentioning which ROM they're using. I've got an iMito QX1 (probably the RK3188T, will check later) and I wish to know which ROM is the best for 1080p playback with stable XBMC.

I'm on Quickshot Rom right now but still having issues with XBMC. The stick keeps rebooting and such. I guess I'm using a wrong kernel or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindseyed View Post
                      What ROM do you use? I'm looking for one for my FView U2 box, it's rooted but it has the 3188T also
                      i use this one
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...4-4-2-*Update*

Originally posted by nghalion View Post
                      Cheers Everyone,

Since it seems there are variances in the TV sticks, can someone (or everyone) share their experience by mentioning which ROM they're using. I've got an iMito QX1 (probably the RK3188T, will check later) and I wish to know which ROM is the best for 1080p playback with stable XBMC.

I'm on Quickshot Rom right now but still having issues with XBMC. The stick keeps rebooting and such. I guess I'm using a wrong kernel or something.
                      i had a reboot problem with kitkat rom, i had to underclock to 1.2ghz (stock is 1.4) to fix reboots. look like a software (kernel?) issue i guess, not sure. anyway the cpu perform well a 1.2ghz

Comment

• Originally posted by Yusi View Post
                        for me the rk3188-t runs absolut stable and fast. i wont start crying now, if the cpu could run some percent faster now. Stop panic the people outside.
                        Hi Yusi - can you tell me what ROM and kernel and settings you use on your rk3188T as I have a Tronsmart version of this stick and have never been able to find the right combination of ROM and kernel to make it run stable? If you could supply links that would help immensly? Thanks.

Comment

• need help to know what Rom can i install

i bought this crap from tiny deal
                          http://www.tinydeal.com/android-42-q...-p-103091.html

the Box was crashing and freezing from day 1, i send it back and those mother****ers send it back to me
                          and they said they fixed it but it was the same like before,
                          anw this suppose to be RK3188 but inside on the Chip says SanDisk loooool
                          i flash the rom with a rom for RK3188 that i download from Freaktab and the Android box now its working.
                          not freezing at all but i have 2 issues, is not Play store installed and i install it by myself but wont open and i have the same problem with XBMC 13.2 :P
                          the second problem is no Sound, in the settings its says No Sound Devices

Comment

Working...
                          X