Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T428 Study and Research on Experimental Firmwares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by strauzo View Post
    why Rikomagic share and rockchip no ?

    should be rockchip to share and solve. i don't understand nothing about the policy of this rochchip devices.

    really is a strange story.
    Your previous advice was: don't buy rockchips.

    Perhaps time for a new advice: don't buy rockchips, but it you really have to then buy them from Rikomagic!

    Thanks Rikomagic! My RK3066 was a rikomagic, my apologies that I bought a tronsmart RK3188 this time, I won't do it again!!!
    Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by strauzo View Post
      the post for you is this:

      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post80559

      new kernel + stock repack and c210 work + solved video problem

      "well with this kernel <DELETED>

      + stock repack <DELETED>

      webcam c210 shold work and video problem not present

      good skype to all.

      personally only for skype or google video chat i prefer my phone or tablet. is more discreet
      "

      i posted another kernel after the first. look this have different rar name
      I tried that combo. As I said it sound works on the stock repack + test kernel but not on the Nexus rom + test kernel. Any chance to get it working on the nexus rom? That would mean webcam + smooth video
      Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 01:55 AM. Reason: Administrative action
      Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

      Comment


      • The Measy U4b is another eom of the Tronsmart T428. I have been flashing Strauzo, finless and stock T428 ROMs onto my U4B for a month now.

        i have just seen this official ROM released which claims to fix the BT airMouse problem. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...box/measy-u4b/

        im on holiday currently so cannot test. Would love to know if it does fix BT input. We then need to add together the various pieces of the puzzle to make a great ROM. No video skipping, BT working, scalable and 'clean'. Add fully working hardware XBMC and I'd be very happy indeed.

        It does seem these sticks will be fully usable
        [edit] there is a rooted / de-chinesed version here http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...ware-20130718/
        Last edited by d33; 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM.
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)



        Donate to Finless

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Finless View Post
          It is in the ROM not the kernel but is a compiled LIB file. I have YET to figure out how to make that work when using a tablet ROM and trust me I have spent a bit of time on it.

          Bob
          maybee this wil Work http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-in-jelly-bean dont know how to do this

          Comment


          • Originally posted by poul50 View Post
            maybee this wil Work http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-in-jelly-bean dont know how to do this
            I know this modification and this don't cause problems. But this file was modified also in other parts in the chinese stock rom and contain errors, because the same compiled lib create problems also to the central button of droidmote. (That work well in all other rom of the universe and also in Nexus and all rk3188 tablets)

            For this reason i restore the compiled library to the original JB version.

            We don't have the rockchip sdk to compile and for this reason we must use the precompiled original library that don't have the right to back mouse button swap

            Rockchip if you read take note. Correct this shit problem.

            Comment


            • Awesome to see some stuff happening with the t428 since summer started haven't had much time to do anything with it. Is Strauzo version of the firmware 1080p?

              Thanks

              Comment


              • You want multi-windows on T428 ?

                Is usefull on an android hdmi stick ?

                Do you like if i work on this new features ?

                Comment


                • Re: T428 Study and Research on Experimental Firmwares

                  Yes please!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                    You want multi-windows on T428 ?

                    Is usefull on an android hdmi stick ?

                    Do you like if i work on this new features ?
                    Would work well with multi-window on a true 1080p kernel Thanks !

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jpearn View Post
                      Would work well with multi-window on a true 1080p kernel Thanks !
                      there isn't any differences from a 720p kernel and a 1080p kernel.

                      1080p kernel server only to lose power.

                      if all is developed well, (but is not so on rk3188 devices), the android devices also if have ui at 720p, when read a 1080p video, output it at 1080p to the tv.

                      because the android device know via edid informations that your tv is 1080p cabable.

                      all android devices work in this way. But we have chinese android. as i say in other posts. but i can try to do all my best on this devices.

                      is very difficult without the source code of Android, but we already have good results with the nexus rom.

                      hdmi scaling and zoom in settings, are only a chinese invention that i see as a bad workaround, that create many problems.

                      if you do not believe me, get a good tablet, i suggest the new nexus 7 that finally have the hdmi output and test.

                      Thanks for the attention

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                        there isn't any differences from a 720p kernel and a 1080p kernel.

                        1080p kernel server only to lose power.

                        if all is developed well, (but is not so on rk3188 devices), the android devices also if have ui at 720p, when read a 1080p video, output it at 1080p to the tv.

                        because the android device know via edid informations that your tv is 1080p cabable.

                        all android devices work in this way. But we have chinese android. as i say in other posts. but i can try to do all my best on this devices.

                        is very difficult without the source code of Android, but we already have good results with the nexus rom.

                        hdmi scaling and zoom in settings, are only a chinese invention that i see as a bad workaround, that create many problems.

                        if you do not believe me, get a good tablet, i suggest the new nexus 7 that finally have the hdmi output and test.

                        Thanks for the attention
                        I have tried this and tested it. I have a Xperia Z Tablet, Xperia Z phone, UG007B with 1080p kernel (but stutter), GK802 and multiple other devices, so I know what we (as a community as it's not just me) are asking for.

                        1080p Android UI would make sense for multi-window as you have 2073600 pixels vs 921600 on 720p, ie double the drawing area.
                        Whilst the chinese firmware is not correct, it is possible as shown in other kernels / roms, to provide a 1080p Android UI, with minimal loss of 'power'. I lost 1000 points on Antutu between 1080p and 720p, which is a 5% decrease in overall power, but the 1080p is well worth the sacrifice.

                        Unless the stutter fix you have doesn't work at 1080p ??

                        Comment


                        • WELL I HAVE MUTI WINDOWS ON MY T428



                          Wifi work
                          Bluetooth work
                          Video ok

                          we can have a new multi-windows rom in two days

                          do you want it ? or is not necessary ?

                          or you want to wait a year for sdk 2 official rom from rockchip and maybe another year for multi-windows ?

                          but multi-windows on android hdmi stick not will be sure in the next year i think because rockchip not release this feature for android hdmi stick

                          For all:

                          I know what I do and what I say. trust me. I know very well that my behavior is sometimes not correct, but this is needed for things that you do not know and because i'm extremely contrary to the policies of rockchip.

                          But believe me I am very sorry about this because I love this community

                          and especially because I have respect for BOB finless that is a very kind person and the best developer on android hdmi sticks.

                          But i hate Rockchip because it made me hurt

                          Take everything I produce, if it is necessary for you, without judging my behavior. Thanks
                          Last edited by strauzo; 07-26-2013, 01:38 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: T428 Study and Research on Experimental Firmwares

                            Originally posted by jpearn View Post
                            I have tried this and tested it. I have a Xperia Z Tablet, Xperia Z phone, UG007B with 1080p kernel (but stutter), GK802 and multiple other devices, so I know what we (as a community as it's not just me) are asking for.

                            1080p Android UI would make sense for multi-window as you have 2073600 pixels vs 921600 on 720p, ie double the drawing area.
                            Whilst the chinese firmware is not correct, it is possible as shown in other kernels / roms, to provide a 1080p Android UI, with minimal loss of 'power'. I lost 1000 points on Antutu between 1080p and 720p, which is a 5% decrease in overall power, but the 1080p is well worth the sacrifice.

                            Unless the stutter fix you have doesn't work at 1080p ??
                            Good point.

                            Signature? Signature!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                              WELL I HAVE MUTI WINDOWS ON MY T428



                              Wifi work
                              Bluetooth work
                              Video ok

                              we can have a new multi-windows rom in two days

                              do you want it ? or is not necessary ?

                              or you want to wait a year for sdk 2 official rom from rockchip and maybe another year for multi-windows ?

                              but multi-windows on android hdmi stick not will be sure in the next year i think because rockchip not release this feature for android hdmi stick

                              For all:

                              I know what I do and what I say. trust me. I know very well that my behavior is sometimes not correct, but this is needed for things that you do not know and because i'm extremely contrary to the policies of rockchip.

                              But believe me I am very sorry about this because I love this community

                              and especially because I have respect for BOB finless that is a very kind person and the best developer on android hdmi sticks.

                              But i hate Rockchip because it made me hurt

                              Take everything I produce, if it is necessary for you, without judging my behavior. Thanks
                              Understandable to me. I just want the sticks to work right and rockchip is doing very little to help good people like you.

                              Comment


                              • Nexus SDK2 Multi-Windows

                                Please try also Netflix on this rom

                                you must active the multi-windows in the settings.

                                To have real multitouch gestures on an android hdmi stick. you need or an hardware multitouch touchpad or you can use DroidMote that simulate one with your phone.
                                i tested the multi-windows with DroidMote and it work very very well.

                                to use the multi-windows, you must know where you touch and with DroidMote you can.

                                to activate the gray windows, pinch in the bottom border of the windows with two fingers like in this video. And then you can move and enlarge the windows on the screen.

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irb-pSQkLA0
                                Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 01:56 AM. Reason: Administrative action

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X