X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T428 Nexus Rom - Official

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    Hi

first thanks for the t428 nexus sdk2.0 rom!
    I am considering to use the t428 nexus sdk2.0 rom,and use the bob finless kernel to make the cx-919,mk908 and imito qx1 to get new custom rom.

and it will make the video skipping problem all gone on those device?
    I fear it will not work, at least in qx1 who has different wifi and bt, you need a specific kernel for it or you loose wifi and BT.

Video skipping issue seems to be solved by strauzo, in his kernels, but he don't compile kernels for all devices, and the rest don't have the fixed code untill him share it, Is ironic, rockchip don't share his code source, we need to get it from unnoficial way, strauzo made a great work and fix their code, but he want some answers from rockchip before he release the fixed code. Rockchip don't answer the questions.

Things could be easier for all users if rockchip share his sources, and everyone do the same.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      I fear it will not work, at least in qx1 who has different wifi and bt, you need a specific kernel for it or you loose wifi and BT.

Video skipping issue seems to be solved by strauzo, in his kernels, but he don't compile kernels for all devices, and the rest don't have the fixed code untill him share it, Is ironic, rockchip don't share his code source, we need to get it from unnoficial way, strauzo made a great work and fix their code, but he want some answers from rockchip before he release the fixed code. Rockchip don't answer the questions.

Things could be easier for all users if rockchip share his sources, and everyone do the same.

leolas
      yes,i understand, but can we use the kernel which from the original stock rom,and then replace the t428 kernel in this rom? and make the WIFI ,BT work.
      Octa Core TV BOX Coming! Tronsmart Draco AW80, click here to view detail
      Minix Neo X8-H Plus Release, The Amlogic S812-H Quad Core TV BOX

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        yes,i understand, but can we use the kernel which from the original stock rom,and then replace the t428 kernel in this rom? and make the WIFI ,BT work.
        Wifi and bt can maybe work, but without the kernel fix the video problem will not be fixed.

leolas
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Wifi and bt can maybe work, but without the kernel fix the video problem will not be fixed.

leolas
          Try compiling a kernel from the latest kernel sources:
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rces-in-github
          Add your QX1 modifications. Then load it with strauzo's nexus v1 kernel.

I tried this with my T428, video playback looks fine, didn't test it extensively though.

The latest kernel sources have a lot of changes in the video section.

One disadvantage is that a webcam microphone won't work because it seems to be hardwired to use another sound device (from the tablet it's taken from?).
          Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
            Try compiling a kernel from the latest kernel sources:
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rces-in-github
            Add your QX1 modifications. Then load it with strauzo's nexus v1 kernel.

I tried this with my T428, video playback looks fine, didn't test it extensively though.

The latest kernel sources have a lot of changes in the video section.

One disadvantage is that a webcam microphone won't work because it seems to be hardwired to use another sound device (from the tablet it's taken from?).
            Thanks for the suggestion, I almost can't notice video shutter problem with my last 1080 kernel, it was made with the old sources, sorry but I had no time to upload it, and my github is outdated too, maybe using the new sources when I return home things goes better, I want to test the new sources, but now I have not material time.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

is in upload the new NEXUS with sdk2 and multi-windows

if all is ok. This evening we enjoy. Italian time

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                is in upload the new NEXUS with sdk2 and multi-windows

if all is ok. This evening we enjoy. Italian time
                Just a question: how do you want to map the multi-touch events of the new multi-windows features of RKSDKv2 to our mouse-based sticks? I know, first the feature sounds great, but it kinda loses the meaning when we cannot use it as our mice cannot do multi touch events

Otherwise, nice work! If only the top status/notification bar could be combined back into the bottom bar, it would be perfect...

EDIT:
                Just tried the new release, from this afternoon (yes, I found it ). First problem I noticed is the missing fullHD support, it is again an upscaled HD image, with all the jagged edges, etc. Gonna test it further, to see what differences are there!
                Last edited by fonix232; 07-26-2013, 09:10 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by fonix232 View Post
                  Just a question: how do you want to map the multi-touch events of the new multi-windows features of RKSDKv2 to our mouse-based sticks? I know, first the feature sounds great, but it kinda loses the meaning when we cannot use it as our mice cannot do multi touch events

Otherwise, nice work! If only the top status/notification bar could be combined back into the bottom bar, it would be perfect...

EDIT:
                  Just tried the new release, from this afternoon (yes, I found it ). First problem I noticed is the missing fullHD support, it is again an upscaled HD image, with all the jagged edges, etc. Gonna test it further, to see what differences are there!
                  is simple to have real multitouch gestures on an android hdmi stick. you need or an hardware multitouch touchpad or you can use DroidMote that simulate one with your phone.
                  i tested the multi-windows with DroidMote and it work very very well.

to use the multi-windows, you must know where you touch and with DroidMote you can.

to activate the gray windows, pinch in the bottom border of the windows with two fingers like in this video. And then you can move and enlarge the windows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irb-pSQkLA0

Comment

is simple to have real multitouch gestures on an android hdmi stick. you need or an hardware multitouch touchpad or you can use DroidMote that simulate one with your phone.
                    i tested the multi-windows with DroidMote and it work very very well.

to use the multi-windows, you must know where you touch and with DroidMote you can.

to activate the gray windows, pinch in the bottom border of the windows with two fingers like in this video. And then you can move and enlarge the windows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irb-pSQkLA0
                    Yes I know that, but the stick I use (special development for a company, can't say more, NDA, but almost the same as the T428), the target customer base does not use multitouch touchpad or DroidMote, but rather mouse and keyboard. Hopefully Rockchip will add the options for this in the future.

Also just a suggestion, but by using the official ROMs sensor HAL module, you can fix the screen rotation problems (most of them, the ones that happen because of gyroscope events, or their non-existence).
                    Now the only thing I have to fix is the screen off timeout (-1 with rockchip settings seem not to work, though adding a new option to Settings with the value 0 should fix it, but then I'll need to resign all the apps and framework). Should we expect a proper 1080p version of the Multiwindow release? (and by that I mean, should I begin patching this one up, or there's a possible new release coming up? )

Comment

Yes I know that, but the stick I use (special development for a company, can't say more, NDA, but almost the same as the T428), the target customer base does not use multitouch touchpad or DroidMote, but rather mouse and keyboard. Hopefully Rockchip will add the options for this in the future.

Also just a suggestion, but by using the official ROMs sensor HAL module, you can fix the screen rotation problems (most of them, the ones that happen because of gyroscope events, or their non-existence).
                      Now the only thing I have to fix is the screen off timeout (-1 with rockchip settings seem not to work, though adding a new option to Settings with the value 0 should fix it, but then I'll need to resign all the apps and framework). Should we expect a proper 1080p version of the Multiwindow release? (and by that I mean, should I begin patching this one up, or there's a possible new release coming up? )
                      i don't have problems about rotation and screen timeout.

screen time out i can set it in settings. and is usefull for me that the device go in standby when i not use it. i can set the minutes or seconds.

for the rotation i can lock it if i want (long press on landscape in rotationlocker) but i don't use it because the device start ever in landscape and don't rotate. rotate only in some apps but i can restore landscape. i prefer restore and not block, because some app can crash if can't access the portrait mode and i prefer to see the behavior. (i don't have problems about rotations, i don't undertand you point of view)

my 1080p kernel in first post of experimental firmware thread already work in this rom. but i don't like 1080p kernel.

Comment

i don't have problems about rotation and screen timeout.

screen time out i can set it in settings. and is usefull for me that the device go in standby when i not use it. i can set the minutes or seconds.
                        Yes, my only problem with this is that as we use it, it needs to be always-on (plus, most of our monitors switch off if they have no signal from HDMI, and this stick does not send a sleep signal, but rather abruptly disconnects, cutting the power).

for the rotation i can lock it if i want (long press on landscape in rotationlocker) but i don't use it because the device start ever in landscape and don't rotate. rotate only in some apps but i can restore landscape. i prefer restore and not block, because some app can crash if can't access the portrait mode and i prefer to see the behavior. (i don't have problems about rotations, i don't undertand you point of view)
                        I had it rotate a few times randomly, without launching an application (mostly when it went to sleep), and having a service ran manually after first boot is annoying for most of the customers.

my 1080p kernel in first post of experimental firmware thread already work in this rom. but i don't like 1080p kernel.
                        Okay, I already merged the new system image with the old kernel so that's no biggie Thanks again for the great work!

(Also, if you don't like the new Android layout with the notification/activity bar on top, you can get back to the old UI quite simply, by setting ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI to true. I myself prefer the all-in-one bar, the two bars take up more screen real estate than preferred).
                        Last edited by fonix232; 07-26-2013, 03:41 PM. Reason: Bad quote tag

Comment

seems to me like the fix is in the ROM because i use kernel from finless 4.2.2 package for my CX-919 and video seems fine. i guess i can't say for sure because i don't have T428 to compare with?

can we get a kernel for CX-919 sometime? lol thanks!

Comment

Yes, my only problem with this is that as we use it, it needs to be always-on (plus, most of our monitors switch off if they have no signal from HDMI, and this stick does not send a sleep signal, but rather abruptly disconnects, cutting the power).

I had it rotate a few times randomly, without launching an application (mostly when it went to sleep), and having a service ran manually after first boot is annoying for most of the customers.

In your build prop set -
                            ro.sf.fakerotation=false
                            ro.sf.hwrotation=360

This will change default orientation UI from portrait to landscape. Also recommend using adaptive rotation lock instead of rotation lock, it has auto start up so your apps dont need to set it manually after each reboot.
                            Beelink X2 - Full Review: https://youtu.be/JEVXKRdOj5M

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                              In your build prop set -
                              ro.sf.fakerotation=false
                              ro.sf.hwrotation=360

This will change default orientation UI from portrait to landscape. Also recommend using adaptive rotation lock instead of rotation lock, it has auto start up so your apps dont need to set it manually after each reboot.
                              Interesting thing is that on stock firmware, it is fakerotation enabled, and hwrotation is 270.
                              I know, but still the first setup is needed by the user, and is not automatic. Given that they run only landscape apps (mostly VMWare and Citrix solutions), this is not a problem.

Comment

I briefly tested this kernel with the nexus ROM (T428 Nexus SDK2 v1) on my 52" FullHD TV. The desktop and static apps look very nice and the increased screen estate is really an eye opener (e.g. 8x8 grid in Nova Launcher instead of 5x5). Unfortunately, though, the video stutter is very much present even with SD material.

Edit: Even with this kernel the GUI defaults to 1280x720 and I had to manually change the resolution to 1920x1080 by editing the 'mode' file.
                                Last edited by Molle; 07-27-2013, 02:11 AM.
                                Minix Neo X7 / Wasser 2.0.3
                                Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE / CyanogenMod 12.1
                                Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                                X