No announcement yet.

Ugoos UT1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just plugged this thing in and played around with it. It seems to work just fine. I plan on doing a ROM dump of the English version with Ugoos brand, but I will make a ROM from both for people to play around with. It will be tomorrow before I can do it since I have to work a 12 hour shift in the Emergency Room today. I get the day off Thursday to play with this.

I just finished downloading your version...thanks for the post.

Stay tuned for a custom ROM...maybe tomorrow night.

If there are any features you find that you would like to have...please post here. I'm a tablet DEV, so I don't do much with TV stick ROMs. The advanced stuff, I will need help with from some of the other TV Stick DEV's. The main reason I got this was to be able to test my 3188 tablet ROMs.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
    Donate here

Comment

OK. let me see...

1. Provide 1080p kernel.

2. Fix "Vsync" issue.

3. Active DTS pass-through via spdif.

Here is a link for the details of the 3rd request.
      http://www.minixforums.com/threads/h...ia-spdif.1813/

BTW, is there a way or tool to backup everything on the nand.
      I have made some settings, install/uninstall apps.
      If there is a complete backup I can recovery it easily.

Thanks.

Comment

Currently, I am using a modified XBMC(stagefright enabled) as the default launcher.

There are some problems annoyed me.

1. 720p video can play smoothly without subtitles. But when subtitles appeared, the video lagged.

2. After launching an android app within XBMC, Sometimes XBMC will crash.

I am not sure whether they are XBMC issues or firmware issues. Would you mind looking into these issues if you are not busy.

Comment

Re: Ugoos UT1?

I use Titanium...but it requires root first. So I wouldn't get too carried away just yet.

Be looking for a basic rooted ROM with no debloat for now until we decide which apps we want to keep.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
          Donate here

Comment

Just got mine today. I installed a Plex client and it kind of worked with a bunch of mkv files files (all 720 and up), but they all did freeze after some time (with the shortest interval being just a few minutes, the longest maybe 20 minutes). What actually happened was that the image froze, whereas the sound continued. The only solution then was to reboot the machine. This sounds to me like the documented vsync on RK3188 devices, for which there appears to be a solution.
            See http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6...8-devices!(Post #2 already has some custom kernels you can download)
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5...#post81489(Post #38 for which file to edit when making your own kernel).

-Stephan

Comment

I was able to successfully dump the firmware from my UT1...thanks to Finless for the instructions.

I have placed it into a Freaktab style ROM kit...uploading now. I wanted to make sure it could flash, OK before I made any tweaks to it and create the first RileyROM for the UT1.

As soon as the upload is finished, I will post a link.

As a backup, I have the official firmware from the link provided by ibazzi...(thanks for that, BTW)

I will create a RileyROM using my ROM dump first...then I will do one from this other firmware and compare them.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Here is a link to the Stock Firmware download page with some instructions on how I was able to flash it:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...6621#post86621
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I found the link you provide is the same with this one.
                  http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...o-RileyROM-1-0

Comment

I just fixed the link. Sorry, something strange is going on with my editor.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by ibazzi View Post
                      Here is the link.
                      http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=3641514055
                      click "下载(279.56M)" and then "普通下载" to download

Though it's a Chinese version in KIUI and preinstalled app, I hope that it can help you for the custom rom.
                      I've downloaded this numerous times and I'm getting an MD5 checksum error whenever I try to extract it. I haven't given up yet, but is there another link?

I'm working with my ROM dump for now...It is going OK, except I have a few problems. NAND won't mount and I can't get the button bar or notification bar to come on.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I've downloaded this numerous times and I'm getting an MD5 checksum error whenever I try to extract it. I haven't given up yet, but is there another link?

I'm working with my ROM dump for now...It is going OK, except I have a few problems. NAND won't mount and I can't get the button bar or notification bar to come on.
                        I'm trying uploading it to Dropbox.

And this is the MD5 checksum of the img file.
                        MD5: A4A7AF3D098DA84A4E1250F8DB313732.

I can unpack it by a linux program named rkunpack.

Edit: new link is here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9sg3vibyr5puou/KIUI-V102.img
                        Last edited by ibazzi; 08-15-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Voice chat?

Can anyone let me know how to active the voice function on this rom? I try to chat voice via skype (webcam logitech c210), voice recorder, etc. but it didn't work. Pls help. Thanks,

Comment

Ugoos UT1?

Originally posted by ibazzi View Post
                            I'm trying uploading it to Dropbox.

And this is the MD5 checksum of the img file.
                            MD5: A4A7AF3D098DA84A4E1250F8DB313732.

I can unpack it by a linux program named rkunpack.

Edit: new link is here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9sg3vibyr5puou/KIUI-V102.img
                            Thanks. I'm just getting to work...and I left my box at home. I'll try to unpack this later. We can see if the NAND problem still exists with this firmware. I flashed several different combinations last night and got the same results.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I'm still getting MD5 errors.

If you are able to unpack this...can you do so and zip the contents and provide me a link?

I'm curious whether this firmware will fix the NAND problem.

I need...system.img, recovery.img, boot.img, misc.img, kernel.img and parameter files.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

I'm trying to follow this thread. But so this mean that it's safe for me to install the KIUI-V101-img with the instructions I find in the Ugoos_UT1_Stock_ROM? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X