• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mo123

You can try
    https://apkpure.com/hide-my-root/com...ras.hidemyroot
    https://apkpure.com/rootcloak-plus-c....rootcloakplus

To root, you go to Accessibility Options can choose Root
    I think you can install or update SuperSu app and binary and then in SuperSU app's Settings choose Full Unroot.

I havn't tested the root/unroot in a while, will do when I get a chance.
    Thanks.. What happens to your firmware if I unroot?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by icemanbrfc View Post
      Thanks.. What happens to your firmware if I unroot?

With the SuperSU unroot, you won't be able to root again even with the Accessibility root setting.
      Will need to flash the firmware again.
      With the Accessibility unroot setting, you can root again afterwards.

With the new RK3328 firmware I'm testing it can fully unroot/root again and all streaming apps work, but it runs Nougat and the unrooting works very differently.
      So I'll compare it to RK3288 Lollipop and see if the root/unroot can't be improved further perhaps.

Comment

With the SuperSU unroot, you won't be able to root again even with the Accessibility root setting.
        Will need to flash the firmware again.
        With the Accessibility unroot setting, you can root again afterwards.

With the new RK3328 firmware I'm testing it can fully unroot/root again and all streaming apps work, but it runs Nougat and the unrooting works very differently.
        So I'll compare it to RK3288 Lollipop and see if the root/unroot can't be improved further perhaps.
        Thanks.

Anyway just for me to flash Magisk, and use Magisk hide? When I untick the root setting in Accessibility the app I'm trying to use still kicks me out saying I'm rooted.

Comment

• mo123 did i read between the lines you have your nougat rom running? when can we try it?
          i use some other nougat rom and it's 10x faster than any lollipop, so eagerly wainting

no pressure, just asking

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe in 1st quarter of 2018, current timeline.
            I'm waiting eagerly for it to arrive.

Thanks.

Anyway just for me to flash Magisk, and use Magisk hide? When I untick the root setting in Accessibility the app I'm trying to use still kicks me out saying I'm rooted.

I will post something that can help you tomorrow.
          It will solve all your problems but I'm still working on it

Comment

Sweet, thanks Mo. Glad to see you are still active

Comment

• Originally posted by lonely2k5 View Post
              mo123 did i read between the lines you have your nougat rom running? when can we try it?
              i use some other nougat rom and it's 10x faster than any lollipop, so eagerly waiting
              I was excited at first then I read his message again with more diligence . He wrote about RK3328 ROM and not RK3288. RockChip abandoned his best chip long ago .
              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM 792MHz@1.2V Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Patiently waiting mo

Comment

• Gormar - right, i missread it too...anyway i made a mistake to, writing about nougat, i use marshmallow not nougat.
                  so i guess no hope for nougat for RK3288.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                    I was excited at first then I read his message again with more diligence . He wrote about RK3328 ROM and not RK3288. RockChip abandoned his best chip long ago .
                    As in my previous posts, RK will finish Nougat in the 1st quarter of 2018.
                    Almost no manufacturers will release Nougat for RK3288 since they will want to sell new devices to customers with Nougat or Oreo.
                    If I can get it then I will make a Nougat ROM.
                    With Nougat and higher, you can't modify firmware easily anymore without bootloops because of extra security from Google, so it can only work on the device it was made for and devices that share the same hardware. If a device use different power chips, wifi, ir remote you can't mix firmware parts like for Lollipop to fix problems and have to live with what works. So it is not good news for everyone.

Comment

Patiently waiting mo

It is busy uploading.
                      I wanted to fix a lot of things but even changing one thing cuases a bootloop because of odexed files.
                      But I managed to fix what was needed at least.
                      I won't be able to fix the bugs until I get Marshmallow or Nougat code and can put my own fixes in and make it a lot better.

ROM will be root free and all streaming apps will work.
                      You will need to update all the apps in Google Play Store manually as it was not possible to include the latest ones in the modded ROM.
                      An airmouse or keyboard will work best as some things like the Home button is not working on the IR Remote.

Comment

It is busy uploading.
                        I wanted to fix a lot of things but even changing one thing cuases a bootloop because of odexed files.
                        But I managed to fix what was needed at least.
                        I won't be able to fix the bugs until I get Marshmallow or Nougat code and can put my own fixes in and make it a lot better.

ROM will be root free and all streaming apps will work.
                        You will need to update all the apps in Google Play Store manually as it was not possible to include the latest ones in the modded ROM.
                        An airmouse or keyboard will work best as some things like the Home button is not working on the IR Remote.
                        Sweet I'm happy with that . In fact, I'll feedback around any issues on this updated ROM

Comment

Sweet I'm happy with that . In fact, I'll feedback around any issues on this updated ROM

Changes
                          Fixed blue led light
                          Removed root
                          Fixed streaming apps
                          Some other small changes

I'm not the creator of the ROM, I only improved it(since it's not supported anymore and to help users with streaming apps that have problems on LP).
                          Credit goes to the original creator of the ROM(as per the About screen).

Hopefully I'll be able to make a much improved Marshmallow/Nougat ROM of my own soon.

ROM Link:
                          https://mega.nz/#!1IlxDLLT!vim7s3lnh...ZHweRKK1Rt7kMs
                          Pass: ForPersonalUse

Instructions:
                          1. Do an 'EraseFlash'(very important to do this if switching between Lollipop and Marshmallow and back so Android has the correct bootloader to load properly)
                          2. Then Upgrade
                          3. Wait around 5 minutes for it to boot then unplug from PC.
                          4. Log in to Google Play Store and update the apps.
                          5. Some apps will also require Google Play Services(which for some reason doesn't show in the Play Store)
                          - To update it, install an app like DRM Info then you will get a notification message at the top notification bar and can then update Google Play Services in the Google Play Store, you can then also search for it in t the Play Store and will then find it.

Enjoy better app compatibility and streaming.

Comment

Changes
                            Fixed blue led light
                            Removed root
                            Fixed streaming apps
                            Some other small changes

I'm not the creator of the ROM, I only improved it(since it's not supported anymore and to help users with streaming apps that have problems on LP).
                            Credit goes to the original creator of the ROM(as per the About screen).

Hopefully I'll be able to make a much improved Marshmallow/Nougat ROM of my own soon.

ROM Link:
                            https://mega.nz/#!1IlxDLLT!vim7s3lnh...ZHweRKK1Rt7kMs
                            Pass: ForPersonalUse

Instructions:
                            1. Do an 'EraseFlash'(very important to do this if switching between Lollipop and Marshmallow and back so Android has the correct bootloader to load properly)
                            2. Then Upgrade
                            3. Wait around 5 minutes for it to boot then unplug from PC.
                            4. Log in to Google Play Store and update the apps.
                            5. Some apps will also require Google Play Services(which for some reason doesn't show in the Play Store)
                            - To update it, install an app like DRM Info then you will get a notification message at the top notification bar and can then update Google Play Services in the Google Play Store, you can then also search for it in t the Play Store and will then find it.

Enjoy better app compatibility and streaming.
                            Thanks bud for the efforts

Mo was there a specific reason to fall back to MM from Lollipop?

Comment

• Mo thanks for the firmware, works a treat. Only thing I notice is a bit of shaking if you typing or scrolling through it. Basically it flickers, not all the time but now and then

Comment

Working...
                              X