HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM by mo123

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cyber7 View Post

Good morning mo123 - Any news on this yet?

kind regards
    Aubrey
    I asked for Nougat so long for RK3368, since I already work on other Nougat ROM's and it will be easier to port to this device.
    But I don't know when it will be possible to get it, soon or only after the Chinese New Year that is sometime in mid February and lasts a few days.

For Oreo, I haven't heard anything new yet, it will first be available for RK3328 then I can start to learn how it works then it will be easier to try to port to other devices like RK3368.

I'll try to find out more next week.

I'm busy porting Nougat to HPH RK3229 and already released a ROM with most things working very well, but still busy fixing some things.
    and also trying to fix HLS streams on RK3328, so that is taking a bit of my time.
    Also have to play with new RK3399 firmware I got.

With every OS update, Google tries to lock down the OS even more, so in future, custom ROM's might not even be possible anymore, looking at locked bootloaders, no way to root, Safetynet checks, Google certified, AndroidTV with no customization possible(being forced onto new tv boxes) etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by mo123 View Post

With every OS update, Google tries to lock down the OS even more, so in future, custom ROM's might not even be possible anymore, looking at locked bootloaders, no way to root, Safetynet checks, Google certified, AndroidTV with no customization possible(being forced onto new tv boxes) etc.
      Google, once hyped for his "open source" Android OS, is becoming more and more like M$...

Comment

• Hi to all ,

that sounds not nice .

gefattern

Comment

• Can we still expect any updates for this nice ROM? Or is the project completely closed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andro_James View Post
            Can we still expect any updates for this nice ROM? Or is the project completely closed?
            I will make a small update again but later.
            Most of my attention is with RK3328 firmware now.

Comment

• Hi ,

the Rom is good , but i have always Problems with overloaded RAM ,

most about 1600MB of usage , really strange , i think it is the 500MB

that is maybe swapped by System , this makes the usage high ???

System with running Apps is always about 1200MB , and total i have

only about 50 Apps installed .

This makes the System really slow , often , thats all , but now with my

X99/RK3399 i shall use this Box primary .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
              X