Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanix TX2-R2 rk3229 2GB RAM - bricked after flashing a wrong firmware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tanix TX2-R2 rk3229 2GB RAM - bricked after flashing a wrong firmware

    Good evening, I have a tv box tanix tx2 that, after installing a wrong firmware, it is bricked. Inside there is a Samsung klmag2ge2a-a001 emmc. I am attaching a photo. Is there a possibility to unbrick it? Thanks a lot to everyone.

  • #2
    Can anyone help me? I do not know how to do it!

    Comment


    • #3
      if you install the wrong firmware it should be just softbriked, you can always restore the original firmware by using the SD Card method, but you need to basically prepare the MicroSD card, using the RK SD card tool, using the corresponding firmware img, insert it on the box, restart it, and the installation should begin.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi,

        I have a TX2-R2 in same condition (wrong firmware and then bricked)

        You have fix your device?

        Comment


        • #5
          I try restore by using SD Card method but no result.

          Method by short pins Nand works to writing memory but too no result (LED light off and no video in HDMI)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by miguelkleman View Post
            I try restore by using SD Card method but no result.

            Method by short pins Nand works to writing memory but too no result (LED light off and no video in HDMI)
            Hi ,

            maybe the "Nand" is bricked , what about the Tests under "AdvancedFunction"

            is the Offset & Output of the IDB Sectors okay ??? Did you checked the Logs of the

            Flashtool ??? .

            greetings / gefattern

            Comment


            • #7
              Tests under "AdvancedFuncion" all failure.

              The logs is below :

              19:42:50 201 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Start
              19:42:52 448 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Success
              19:42:52 450 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
              19:42:53 030 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
              19:42:53 031 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
              19:42:53 033 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
              19:42:53 034 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Start
              19:42:53 034 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FlashInfo: 00 F0 D1 01 00 04 04 00 28 00 01
              19:42:53 036 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Success
              19:42:53 037 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Start
              19:42:53 086 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:CS(1) (14910MB) (SAMSUNG)
              19:42:53 094 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Success
              19:42:53 096 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase IDB Start
              19:42:53 110 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase IDB Success
              19:42:53 144 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
              19:42:54 146 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success
              19:42:54 149 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
              19:42:54 638 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
              19:42:54 640 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Start
              19:42:56 858 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Success
              19:42:56 860 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
              19:42:57 345 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
              19:42:57 347 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
              19:42:57 349 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
              19:42:57 350 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Start
              19:42:57 351 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FlashInfo: 00 F0 D1 01 00 04 04 00 28 00 01
              19:42:57 353 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Success
              19:42:57 354 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase Flash Start
              19:44:01 658 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase Flash Success
              19:44:01 695 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
              19:44:02 699 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success
              19:44:07 657 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=0,err=31,size=31,write=0
              19:44:09 658 INFO:RKU_ResetPipe-->DeviceIoControl OK
              19:44:14 659 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=1,err=0,size=31,write=0
              19:44:14 660 Error:ReadFlashIDProc-->RKU_ReadFlashInfo failed,err=-3
              19:44:22 040 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=1,err=0,size=31,write=0
              19:44:24 040 INFO:RKU_ResetPipe-->DeviceIoControl OK
              19:44:29 041 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=1,err=0,size=31,write=0
              19:44:29 041 Error:ReadChipInfoProc-->RKU_ReadChipInfo failed,err=-3
              19:44:41 094 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Start
              19:44:43 314 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Success
              19:44:43 316 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
              19:44:43 803 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
              19:44:43 805 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
              19:44:43 806 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
              19:44:43 808 Layer<1-1-5>:Check Chip Start
              19:44:43 810 Layer<1-1-5>: Check Chip Success
              19:44:43 811 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Start
              19:44:43 812 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FlashInfo: 00 F0 D1 01 00 04 04 00 28 00 01
              19:44:43 814 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Success
              19:44:43 815 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Start
              19:44:43 816 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:CS(1) (14910MB) (SAMSUNG)
              19:44:43 848 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
              19:44:43 849 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
              19:44:43 849 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
              19:44:43 850 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
              19:44:43 851 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
              19:44:43 853 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Success
              19:44:43 854 Layer<1-1-5>ownload IDB Start
              19:44:44 002 Layer<1-1-5>ownload IDB Success
              19:44:44 004 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
              19:44:45 006 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success
              19:44:45 009 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Loader Start
              19:44:45 645 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Loader Success
              19:44:45 648 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
              19:44:45 650 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
              19:44:45 652 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Firmware Start
              19:44:45 766 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start download image,total=976022388
              19:44:45 796 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download trust,offset=0x4000,size=4194304
              19:44:46 047 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download uboot,offset=0x2000,size=4194304
              19:44:46 302 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download misc,offset=0x8000,size=49152
              19:44:46 309 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download resource,offset=0xa800,size=6295040
              19:44:46 713 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download kernel,offset=0x12000,size=7933868
              19:44:47 193 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download boot,offset=0x18000,size=1016984
              19:44:47 258 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download recovery,offset=0x2a000,size=11468800
              19:44:47 979 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download system,offset=0xa4000,size=940863488
              19:46:16 491 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Firmware Success
              19:46:16 494 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
              19:46:17 499 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success

              Thanks for help-me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by miguelkleman View Post
                Tests under "AdvancedFuncion" all failure.

                The logs is below :

                19:42:50 201 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Start
                19:42:52 448 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Success
                19:42:52 450 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
                19:42:53 030 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
                19:42:53 031 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
                19:42:53 033 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
                19:42:53 034 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Start
                19:42:53 034 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FlashInfo: 00 F0 D1 01 00 04 04 00 28 00 01
                19:42:53 036 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Success
                19:42:53 037 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Start
                19:42:53 086 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:CS(1) (14910MB) (SAMSUNG)
                19:42:53 094 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Success
                19:42:53 096 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase IDB Start
                19:42:53 110 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase IDB Success
                19:42:53 144 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
                19:42:54 146 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success
                19:42:54 149 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
                19:42:54 638 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
                19:42:54 640 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Start
                19:42:56 858 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Success
                19:42:56 860 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
                19:42:57 345 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
                19:42:57 347 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
                19:42:57 349 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
                19:42:57 350 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Start
                19:42:57 351 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FlashInfo: 00 F0 D1 01 00 04 04 00 28 00 01
                19:42:57 353 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Success
                19:42:57 354 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase Flash Start
                19:44:01 658 Layer<1-1-5>:Erase Flash Success
                19:44:01 695 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
                19:44:02 699 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success
                19:44:07 657 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=0,err=31,size=31,write=0
                19:44:09 658 INFO:RKU_ResetPipe-->DeviceIoControl OK
                19:44:14 659 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=1,err=0,size=31,write=0
                19:44:14 660 Error:ReadFlashIDProc-->RKU_ReadFlashInfo failed,err=-3
                19:44:22 040 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=1,err=0,size=31,write=0
                19:44:24 040 INFO:RKU_ResetPipe-->DeviceIoControl OK
                19:44:29 041 Error:RKU_Write-->WriteFile failed,bRet=1,err=0,size=31,write=0
                19:44:29 041 Error:ReadChipInfoProc-->RKU_ReadChipInfo failed,err=-3
                19:44:41 094 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Start
                19:44:43 314 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Boot Success
                19:44:43 316 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Start
                19:44:43 803 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Maskrom Success
                19:44:43 805 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
                19:44:43 806 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
                19:44:43 808 Layer<1-1-5>:Check Chip Start
                19:44:43 810 Layer<1-1-5>: Check Chip Success
                19:44:43 811 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Start
                19:44:43 812 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FlashInfo: 00 F0 D1 01 00 04 04 00 28 00 01
                19:44:43 814 Layer<1-1-5>:Get FlashInfo Success
                19:44:43 815 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Start
                19:44:43 816 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:CS(1) (14910MB) (SAMSUNG)
                19:44:43 848 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
                19:44:43 849 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
                19:44:43 849 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
                19:44:43 850 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
                19:44:43 851 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:FindBackupBuffer-->No Found Tag
                19:44:43 853 Layer<1-1-5>:Prepare IDB Success
                19:44:43 854 Layer<1-1-5>ownload IDB Start
                19:44:44 002 Layer<1-1-5>ownload IDB Success
                19:44:44 004 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
                19:44:45 006 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success
                19:44:45 009 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Loader Start
                19:44:45 645 Layer<1-1-5>:Wait For Loader Success
                19:44:45 648 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Start
                19:44:45 650 Layer<1-1-5>:Test Device Success
                19:44:45 652 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Firmware Start
                19:44:45 766 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start download image,total=976022388
                19:44:45 796 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download trust,offset=0x4000,size=4194304
                19:44:46 047 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download uboot,offset=0x2000,size=4194304
                19:44:46 302 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download misc,offset=0x8000,size=49152
                19:44:46 309 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download resource,offset=0xa800,size=6295040
                19:44:46 713 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download kernel,offset=0x12000,size=7933868
                19:44:47 193 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download boot,offset=0x18000,size=1016984
                19:44:47 258 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download recovery,offset=0x2a000,size=11468800
                19:44:47 979 <LAYER 1-1-5> INFO:Start to download system,offset=0xa4000,size=940863488
                19:46:16 491 Layer<1-1-5>ownload Firmware Success
                19:46:16 494 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Start
                19:46:17 499 Layer<1-1-5>:Reset Device Success

                Thanks for help-me.
                Hi ,

                so you got it back to live , is it correct ???

                greetings / gefattern

                Comment


                • #9
                  Unfortunately No!

                  All my tests in "AdvancedFuncion" is bad, but I can upgrade Nand Flash with RKBatchTool (view log above).

                  After update the device, TX2-R2 Tanix, ramains bricked, no LED light and, no video HDMI and does not obey remote control.

                  I try the firmware TX2_3229_6.0_B4_8703bs_20170608.img, exist another?

                  The SD card method what firmware is?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good afternoon, in the software "tanix burning rom" does not detect the box, it appears "no TANIX devices found" ... Has anyone solved with the pins?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tvboxplus View Post
                      Good afternoon, in the software "tanix burning rom" does not detect the box, it appears "no TANIX devices found" ... Has anyone solved with the pins?
                      Hi ,

                      do you mean u have a flashing Tool from Tanix , to flash your Rom ???

                      If , upload , for other Users . Did you install the RKDrivers 4.5 ???

                      Did you use the right USB port ???

                      greetings / gefattern

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miguelkleman View Post
                        Unfortunately No!

                        All my tests in "AdvancedFuncion" is bad, but I can upgrade Nand Flash with RKBatchTool (view log above).

                        After update the device, TX2-R2 Tanix, ramains bricked, no LED light and, no video HDMI and does not obey remote control.

                        I try the firmware TX2_3229_6.0_B4_8703bs_20170608.img, exist another?

                        The SD card method what firmware is?
                        Hi ,

                        first i am not sure what Firmware exist for your Box , but i think well , did you use the

                        "search" for more Info ??? , for the SDCard way u can use all compatible ".img" files .

                        It looks like something is wrong with the "RKU" thing , but i am not the Pro !!!

                        good luck / greetings / gefattern

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gefattern View Post

                          Hi ,

                          do you mean u have a flashing Tool from Tanix , to flash your Rom ???

                          If , upload , for other Users . Did you install the RKDrivers 4.5 ???

                          Did you use the right USB port ???

                          greetings / gefattern
                          Good evening, I used the software for the USB connection of the box, but I loaded an incorrect firmware and from that moment does not turn on anymore, the LED is off, the software does not recognize it anymore now. Is there any solution with the short pins?
                          Many thanks in advance.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tvboxplus View Post

                            Good evening, I used the software for the USB connection of the box, but I loaded an incorrect firmware and from that moment does not turn on anymore, the LED is off, the software does not recognize it anymore now. Is there any solution with the short pins?
                            Many thanks in advance.
                            Hi ,

                            first what Tool did you use, Batchtool 1.7 or 1.8 / Androidtool 2.35 or higher ???

                            Did you install the latest Drivers , RKDrivers 4.5 ???

                            Of course there is a way to restore your Box , if not hardbricked , you can use the

                            MaskRomMode (shortPins) to restore with Stockrom , maybe this :

                            https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...x2-tv-box.html

                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3229-devices/firmware-roms-tools-bg/626506-tanix-tx2-firmware-needed


                            If you use the "Search" u can find many Info over your Box and how to "shortPins"

                            Hope you can get it back to life , good luck ,

                            greetings / gefattern

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi,

                              I download and flash the TX2_3229_7.1_20180308.img firmware OK.

                              Then I get Androd Recovery Mode OK.

                              Wipe Data/Factory Reset OK

                              Wipe Cache Partition OK

                              But when click in Mount/System I get the error : E:Failed to Mount/System (Invalid Argument)

                              When I click in Reboot System Now the TVBOX start but freeze in screen showing TX2.

                              Thanks for help.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X