Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MA8-4K - 1GB/8GB Android 5.1 RK3229 AP6051 - ROM-compatible with V88 - Easy upgrade to 6.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA8-4K - 1GB/8GB Android 5.1 RK3229 AP6051 - ROM-compatible with V88 - Easy upgrade to 6.0

If you've purchased one of these from Gearbest on the $19 special or got one elsewhere you know the stock OS is a pain, and it's stuck on 5.1 with no factory roms apparently available.

Luckily it is fully compatible with the AP6051 version of the V88 android box. (PCB: MX4N V2). The MA8 PCB titled G11, v 1.0 is different, but you can flash the V88 roms that are built for the AP6051 chipset.

So if you want to upgrade to marshmallow, you can flash the below June 2017 Marshmallow V88 IMG without issue. Tested, both Wi-Fi and remote work.

rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek

https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR
    Last edited by PaulieP; 08-14-2017, 22:55.

Just US$24.99 + free shipping, buy MA8 - 4K RK3229 Smart TV Box online shopping at GearBest.com.

Comment

I have been finding I keep getting Google play services has stopped with this firmware have you had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post
        If you've purchased one of these from Gearbest on the $19 special or got one elsewhere you know the stock OS is a pain, and it's stuck on 5.1 with no factory roms apparently available.

Luckily it is fully compatible with the AP6051 version of the V88 android box. (PCB: MX4N V2). The MA8 PCB titled G11, v 1.0 is different, but you can flash the V88 roms that are built for the AP6051 chipset.

So if you want to upgrade to marshmallow, you can flash the below June 2017 Marshmallow V88 IMG without issue. Tested, both Wi-Fi and remote work.

rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek

https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR
        Hi PaulieP,

I have a MA8-4K box, the one fpr 19$ from Gearbest. I would like to play with it, but unfortunately I cannot get it into download mode. This is what I do:

1) Disconnect everything
        2) Press the Reset button in AV slot and keep it pressed
        3) Connect a cable in the USB and release the reset button a fter 2 sec.

Unfortunately the RockchipAndroid tool and the PC does not detect any external device. The drivers are of course preinstalled.

Any ideas how to get the thing in download mode?

The device is otherwise working fine, but with the stock ROM.

Thank you in advance!!!

Comment

Not sure what you're doing wrong as that is exactly what I did to get it in download mode. Probably you need to hold the reset button down longer. Just hold it until you hear the usb connection noise from your computer

Comment

So, I got hold of it - I is a little bit different:

1) Press and hold the reset button
            2) Connect the Power supply
            3) Connect the USB cable
            4) Release the reset button

Unit in bootloader

Comment

Working...
            X