Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V88 & MA8-4K Android TV 6.0.1 ROM (1GB/8GB SV6051) w/Live Channels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    i think its problem about autoupdate google play and i dont know if its possible to disable autoupdate in rom directly

    Comment


    • #32
      Ok I have a new V88 (RK3229) Android TV ROM for you guys. Some of you will like it and those of you that like Google Play will probably hate it. But it's fast and clean.

      Stripped down for speed – if you want a clean, fast ROM with which to watch video, and don’t want the usual bloat and bugs that come from adaptations of Google Play Store on rooted and generic boxes (i.e. slow, apps stop installing/updating after time), this ROM is for you. Even when Play store works it's slow as molasses. And the box runs much faster without all the Google bits.

      The V88/RK3229 with 1GB is a very slow platform to run Android TV on so this is a compromise to get decent performance. If you absolutely need Google services, Play Store, etc. this is not your ROM. If all you want to do is watch video and stream audio with the great Android TV user experience, and are ok with sideloading or Aptoide TV marketplace to install your apps, read on.
      All Google service hooks and frameworks stripped out. Except:
      • Google for Android TV (Katniss) remains along with the wake word framework libs so hypothetically voice search should work with a suitable remote but no guarantees. GoogleTTS included in case.
        Latest 11.x Google Play Services is installed solely just to be there for those Android TV apps that check for its presence to install/run.
      • NOTE: Due to how this ROM is stripped you will get regular Play Services error messages if you don’t disable Play Services ***so do this first after install*** - go into Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, and disable. Non Google apps will still install and run fine.
      • No Play store – latest Aptoide TV is installed instead
      • Latest Leanback Launcher
      • Latest Google WebView
      • Working Netflix installed
      • Youtube for ATV 1.3.11 instead of slow 2.x
      • Netflix leanback shortcut installed
      • TV App Repo installed for you to make your own leanback shortcuts
      • Latest SuperSU (2.79) installed
      • Navigation Bar removed in build.prop. Statusbar remains, use Hide System Bar to get rid of Statusbar. Unless someone is able to sign framework-res.apk with the correct key I don't know how to do it within the ROM itself.
      Based on Korelkopp’s ATV version of the 12-2017 V88 ROM found on this thread.

      IMG file - Clean flash with FactoryTool or Android Tool. Tested on 1GB V88’s with RK3229 and SV6051. Should work for MA8-4K and probably some other RK3229 boxes.

      Revised (V2): Reverted back to older Play Services and WebView to fix errors in some apps.

      LINK:
      https://mega.nz/#!pDomTKQL!VgZen6Dgd...jKnkGsx2KT57dg
      Last edited by PaulieP; 01-16-2018, 10:45.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by PaulieP View Post
        Ok I have a new V88 (RK3229) Android TV ROM for you guys. Some of you will like it and those of you that like Google Play will probably hate it. But it's fast and clean.

        Stripped down for speed – if you want a clean, fast ROM with which to watch video, and don’t want the usual bloat and bugs that come from adaptations of Google Play Store on rooted and generic boxes (i.e. slow, apps stop installing/updating after time), this ROM is for you. Even when Play store works it's slow as molasses. And the box runs much faster without all the Google bits.

        The V88/RK3229 with 1GB is a very slow platform to run Android TV on so this is a compromise to get decent performance. If you absolutely need Google services, Play Store, etc. this is not your ROM. If all you want to do is watch video and stream audio with the great Android TV user experience, and are ok with sideloading or Aptoide TV marketplace to install your apps, read on.
        All Google service hooks and frameworks stripped out. Except:
        • Google for Android TV (Katniss) remains along with the wake word framework libs so hypothetically voice search should work with a suitable remote but no guarantees. GoogleTTS included in case.
          Latest 11.x Google Play Services is installed solely just to be there for those Android TV apps that check for its presence to install/run.
        • NOTE: Due to how this ROM is stripped you will get regular Play Services error messages if you don’t disable Play Services ***so do this first after install*** - go into Settings, Apps, Google Play Services, and disable. Non Google apps will still install and run fine.
        • No Play store – latest Aptoide TV is installed instead
        • Latest Leanback Launcher
        • Latest Google WebView
        • Working Netflix installed
        • Youtube for ATV 1.3.11 instead of slow 2.x
        • Netflix leanback shortcut installed
        • TV App Repo installed for you to make your own leanback shortcuts
        • Latest SuperSU (2.79) installed
        • Navigation Bar removed in build.prop. Statusbar remains, use Hide System Bar to get rid of Statusbar. Unless someone is able to sign framework-res.apk with the correct key I don't know how to do it within the ROM itself.
        Based on Korelkopp’s ATV version of the 12-2017 V88 ROM found on this thread.

        IMG file - Clean flash with FactoryTool or Android Tool. Tested on 1GB V88’s with RK3229 and SV6051. Should work for MA8-4K and probably some other RK3229 boxes.

        LINK:
        https://mega.nz/#!sW50ECqb!JnLw13lS1...dxJbrQOs8AmjK4
        It works very well and very fast on my R329Q_V.2.0 board (MXQ 4k clone).

        The only big issue I have is that I can't make MX Player runs, because of some issues with Google Play (it tells something like MX Player needs to be autenticated from Google Play).

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DS-1 View Post

          It works very well and very fast on my R329Q_V.2.0 board (MXQ 4k clone).

          The only big issue I have is that I can't make MX Player runs, because of some issues with Google Play (it tells something like MX Player needs to be autenticated from Google Play).
          Hmm ok. Had not used MX Player. I am about to upload a revision. Had to revert back to older WebView and Play Services as there were other bugs - TED TV and Terrarium would crash or not play for example. Let me know if you find others that don't work. Is this the free MX or is it the "registered" MX?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DS-1 View Post

            It works very well and very fast on my R329Q_V.2.0 board (MXQ 4k clone).

            The only big issue I have is that I can't make MX Player runs, because of some issues with Google Play (it tells something like MX Player needs to be autenticated from Google Play).
            Try this one

            LINK:
            https://mega.nz/#!pDomTKQL!VgZen6Dgd...jKnkGsx2KT57dg

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by PaulieP View Post

              Hmm ok. Had not used MX Player. I am about to upload a revision. Had to revert back to older WebView and Play Services as there were other bugs - TED TV and Terrarium would crash or not play for example. Let me know if you find others that don't work. Is this the free MX or is it the "registered" MX?
              It was the free one, tomorrow I'll try this.

              Is the led working on your box? On mine the blue led shows at boot, then disappear. I haven't tested it in standby, but I believe that is showing in standby and not showing while is on.

              BTW, is there any 7.1 AndroidTV image for our box?

              Comment

              Working...
              X