Announcement

Collapse

7 Year´s FREAKTAB

See more
See less

R99 RK3399 Android 6.0.1 4/32GB Dual WiFi GIG Lan BT4..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    EBox has released updated Android 7.1.2 firmware for their version of the R99. Here is the link - https://www.entertainmentbox.com/lat...ooted-unrooted. Its dated 03/17/2018 and is supposed to fix some of the bugs in their prior release. The resolution problem seems fixed but still no ethernet. The remote and power on and off work. They've added the Leanback Launcher to the Hotetack or whatever its called. I've crashed it a few times since flashing but compared to what's out there it seems pretty stable.
    Miltblue

    Comment


    • #47
      Here is Mega link for the above updated 7.1.2 firmware as mentioned by miltblue

      https://mega.nz/#!QEZGCYpT!tDO5qB8ka...9n-PU7maxmb4O4

      Also this firmware is rooted, I don't know how Ebox don't know this
      Last edited by Boneo; 03-21-2018, 04:58.

      Comment


      • #48
        The new EBox Android 7.1.2 firmware is pretty stable. I haven't crashed it since I became aware that the Home button on the remote always returns you to the Home screen from an apk, and that a second long press of the Home key allows you to kill the offending apk. But it doesn't have Ethernet, no HD resolutions in Kodi or FTMC ,the RKcodec doesn't work, but that only works with superceleron's mods. SPDIF or surround sound don't work, so no high def audio. But it appears to work with no problems otherwise. I can't use my favorite launcher, Nova launcher and a couple of other apks that i use regularly don't work properly like Titanium Backup, but a lot of apks have yet to catch up 7.1.2 ATV. My box is a CSA96 version of the rk3399.
        Last edited by miltblue; 04-16-2018, 06:58.
        Miltblue

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by sparksco View Post
          There's a model of this box sold by EBox with much better firmware but huge price increase... Has anyone purchased the EBox model? It might be worth the extra price for better firmware...

          https://www.entertainmentbox.com/pro...m-32gb-storage

          https://youtu.be/TeNa9JVJPBc
          Yes i have it works Great with 7.1.2 os on it

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by miltblue View Post
            The new EBox Android 7.1.2 firmware is pretty stable. I haven't crashed it since I became aware that the Home button on the remote always returns you to the Home screen from an apk, and that a second long press of the Home key allows you to kill the offending apk. But it doesn't have Ethernet, no HD resolutions in Kodi or FTMC ,the RKcodec doesn't work, but that only works with superceleron's mods. SPDIF or surround sound don't work, so no high def audio. But it appears to work with no problems otherwise. I can't use my favorite launcher, Nova launcher and a couple of other apks that i use regularly don't work properly like Titanium Backup, but a lot of apks have yet to catch up 7.1.2. My box is a CSA96 version of the rk3399.
            What do you mean it doesnt have ethernet ..i have the EBox R99 and it does

            Comment


            • #51
              I have the R99 & no ethernet with ebox firmware or any other, router issue?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Boneo View Post
                I have the R99 & no ethernet with ebox firmware or any other, router issue?
                Hi ,

                maybe another Ethernet Chip ??? buggy FW ???

                greetings / gefattern

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by ZebSogo View Post

                  What do you mean it doesnt have ethernet ..i have the EBox R99 and it does
                  I meant exactly what I said. My box is the CSA96 version of the RK3399 with the 6225 wifi chip. I purchased it in November of 2017 and have since flashed every firmware that I have found to be available for the RK3399. That includes all the ones on this site. When I first received the box the ethernet would connect sometimes and not connect at other times. Then it just stopped connecting at all. After flashing the the firmware dated 04/26/2017 every thing was fine, it connected every time after that for about two weeks and then just stopped. This led me to think that it was flaky ethernet hardware. Maybe bad solder joints. That would be something that I could repair and have the tools to do so. But I couldn't figure out how to open the box without damaging it even though I know its possible. Then I flashed the Cloudnetgo 7.1.2 and the ethernet worked perfectly but very little else did. The ethernet not working is a consistent complaint with these boxes. Whether it hardware or firmware, there's a problem. Thankfully for you yours works. For now that is.
                  Last edited by miltblue; 04-16-2018, 11:32.
                  Miltblue

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by miltblue View Post

                    I meant exactly what I said. My box is the CSA96 version of the RK3399 with the 6225 wifi chip. I purchased it in November of 2017 and have since flashed every firmware that I have found to be available for the RK3399. That includes all the ones on this sight.; When I first received the box the ethernet would connect sometimes and not connect at other times. Then it just stopped connecting at all. After flashing the the firmware dated 04/26/2017 every thing was fine, it connected every time after that for about two weeks and then just stopped. This led me to think that it was flaky ethernet hardware. Maybe bad solder joints. That would be something that I could repair and have the tools to do so. But I couldn't figure out how to open the box without damaging it even though I know its possible. Then I flashed the Cloudnetgo 7.1.2 and the ethernet worked perfectly but very little else did. The ethernet not working is a consistent complaint with these boxes. Whether it hardware or firmware, there's a problem. Thankfully for you yours works. For now that is.
                    OK I understand now what you said. Have you tried the R99 7.1.2 firmware on your box

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by ZebSogo View Post

                      OK I understand now what you said. Have you tried the R99 7.1.2 firmware on your box
                      I've been using it since it's release because things that didn't work with most of the mods or firmware for other boxes like Yundoo and H96 7.1.2 like power on and off or the remote work. But the Ethernet does not connect. I've been able to verify that the box transmits to my router but it appears the router never responds or so it seems. But it could be the firmware never brings the receive line up. It was fairly easy to verify using ifconfig and the IP commands. But I haven't figured out how to trap the routers response if any. There is also the possibility that what the box is transmitting is incorrect and therefore the router never responds. But generally Ebox's 7.1.2 works for streaming and music etc. But no SPDIF, HD audio, 4K decoding etc. Plus the launchers are crappy and crash frequently if slight confused.
                      Miltblue

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by miltblue View Post

                        I've been using it since it's release because things that didn't work with most of the mods or firmware for other boxes like Yundoo and H96 7.1.2 like power on and off or the remote work. But the Ethernet does not connect. I've been able to verify that the box transmits to my router but it appears the router never responds or so it seems. But it could be the firmware never brings the receive line up. It was fairly easy to verify using ifconfig and the IP commands. But I haven't figured out how to trap the routers response if any. There is also the possibility that what the box is transmitting is incorrect and therefore the router never responds. But generally Ebox's 7.1.2 works for streaming and music etc. But no SPDIF, HD audio, 4K decoding etc. Plus the launchers are crappy and crash frequently if slight confused.
                        thats a bummer mate. I have a Launcher that works well should work for you i will attach it and you can tell me how it go's
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Same as miltblue

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Boneo View Post
                            Same as miltblue
                            What ?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Same problems as miltblue wrote

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by ZebSogo View Post

                                thats a bummer mate. I have a Launcher that works well should work for you i will attach it and you can tell me how it go's
                                Thanks for the launcher mate. Always wanted to say that. By far the best looking one I've tried for android TV. But since you stoked by interest to investigate the ethernet problem again i discovered that it looks like the firmwares are bringing up the WIFI signal on the box and never releasing it even when the WIFI is switched off it is still active and shows connected to the router. The only time its not connected is when the box is off. So with WIFI up there is no way to bring up the ethernet connection since its either one or the other, but not both at the same time. So I think if I can figure out how to disconnect the WIFI the ethernet may work. But there may be a reason the firmwares are hard wired to WIFI, like no ethernet drivers included in it.
                                Miltblue

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X