Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mailīs to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Can someone help me identify this android tv box?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me identify this android tv box?

Attaching a picture of the mobo. Here are the details I can make out from Google:
    1. k4b4G1646Q-HYK0 is Samsung 4Gb q-die DDR3L SDRAM 1.35V, 78FBGA.
    2. sk hynix h27ucg8t2btr is Flash Memory 64GB MLC NAND Flash, 8192Mx8bit, TSOP
    3. FE1.1 usb 2.0 hub
    4. ACTIVE 88460M CD292
    5. Rockchip RK1000-S H6R408-1332
    6. ITE IT66121FN 1331-BXG ECA0MB (this low power hdmi 1.3a transmitter)

Obviously can't make out whats underneath the heat sink.
    Box has 3 USB ports, 1 HDMI, 1 Optical, 1 LAN, 1 AV, 1 TF card and IR for the remote.
    I can get into recovery mode by pressing Power while Reset is pressed. Recovery System version is v4.2.51
    In recovery mode, when I connect to the PC via USB, Win10 does not detect the box.
    An online search of the manufacturer using the MAC address returns 0 results!

Would be great if anyone could identify this box....and new firmware!
    Picture of the android tv box board

Hello aarrgghh, Welcome to Freaktab.

The picture needs to be of higher quality and larger. Details can't be seen.

Likely there is info printed on the PCB, such as, model number, revision and date, that can help ID the unit. Post if possible.

Good luck.
    Khadas VIM(S905X), Beelink R68 II(S912), GOLE1(Intel Z8300), NEXBOX T10(Intel Z8300), Ugoos UT3(RK3288) and UT3+(RK3288), R-Box(RK3229-2GB/8GB), Tronsmart S95 Meta(AMLS905), Inphic i7(S905), UBOX(AMLS805), Q7(RK3188T)

Comment

Hi RISCy Dude, thanks for responding...
      I've been through the PCB with a magnifying glass, nothing is printed on it - i sent the picture more for a view of shape and port positions etc...
      I missed out listing the LAN controller earlier - RTL8201F.
      After a few trials, i finally found an image that works - EKB311B 2013.12.31 available here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntsdJkP
      with that loaded, here is some additional info I got:
      Output of /proc/cpuinfo:
      ARMv7 Processor rev 0(v71)
      (proc 0 to proc 3 are listed - so quad core)
      Features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
      CPU Implementer:0x41
      CPU Architecture: 7
      CPU vAriant 0x3
      CPU Part : 0xc09
      CPU revision : 0
      Hardware RK30Board
      Does look like a cheap clone of *something* - my interest really is now getting a stable standard firmware for this....
      What I don't understand is the memory - I can see only 1GB in Kodi, but the Samsung chips seem to be 4GB..

Comment

Originally posted by aarrgghh View Post
        Hi RISCy Dude, thanks for responding...
        I've been through the PCB with a magnifying glass, nothing is printed on it - i sent the picture more for a view of shape and port positions etc...
        I missed out listing the LAN controller earlier - RTL8201F.
        After a few trials, i finally found an image that works - EKB311B 2013.12.31 available here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntsdJkP
        with that loaded, here is some additional info I got:
        Output of /proc/cpuinfo:
        ARMv7 Processor rev 0(v71)
        (proc 0 to proc 3 are listed - so quad core)
        Features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
        CPU Implementer:0x41
        CPU Architecture: 7
        CPU vAriant 0x3
        CPU Part : 0xc09
        CPU revision : 0
        Hardware RK30Board
        Does look like a cheap clone of *something* - my interest really is now getting a stable standard firmware for this....
        What I don't understand is the memory - I can see only 1GB in Kodi, but the Samsung chips seem to be 4GB..
        The Samung chips are probably the Nand storage , 8GB.
        The RAM will just be 1 GB.
        A lot of the EKB311B devices made by Eny Technologies had fake hardware and used firmware tricks to double the RAM etc.
        They also produced about 4 different EKB311 devices, all with different wifi chips, if you flashed one of the firmwares on another device that looked exactly the same it wouldn't boot.
        Best to avoid any of their products, you don't know what you will get and there is no support, only old broken firmware.
        That firmware you posted is the only thing that will boot on it, you won't find anything else.
        I made a firmware for the EKB311B Mediatek MT7601 wifi not the Realtek one in your firmware but abandoned it since the device was a piece of junk.

Comment

Working...
        X